Home

STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!!

This is a discussion on STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
This is Tiburon tho(I'm not gonna say EA anymore because I enjoy their hockey game alot and Burnout). Those things have never really been presented well in Madden. They could at least get all the cosmetics right. Gameplay can be tweaked forever and ever. It only takes 1 time to get the appearance and the presentation tight IMO(that can be tweaked too, but after the initial implementation it can be minor tweaks). Honestly that's why I believe Tiburon dropped the ball so badly on the 1st and 2nd editions of next gen Madden. These things could have been perfect by now and the production of Madden could be focused on gameplay, franchise and online gaming. Just my opinion of course.
I am with you. I guess my point is, of all the things I feel are wrong with the game that need to be fixed, refs on the field is rather low on my priority list. Actually to be honest, I have never even noticed whether there are refs on the field or not in a football game.

That being said, it remains to be seen, if they are going to improve any of the issues we the hard core gamers seem to find important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #42
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ahh more insults. I guess when you can't prove your point that's all you got.

Your posts speak for themselves no matter how desperately you backtrack.
lol I quoted myself since you won't do it or talk specifically to anything I've said. Btw, that's almost verbatim what I said to you in the MLB forum when you were doing the same stuff. I don't mind the back and forth; it's just that the same argument gets tiring after a while. But feel free to keep it up; knock yourself out.

Back on topic, I agree that refs in the bigger scheme of things aren't a huge deal. But then again neither is clear visors, and that got OS front page treatment. It's not people picking on EA about every little thing; it's more a cumulative issue. Tackling, blocking, coverage issues, QB issues, AI, etc. are all major issues that add to longtime irritations like lack of referees being a bigger issue than it really is. Given the number of years this has been in discussion, there really isn't an excuse

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
lol I quoted myself since you won't do it or talk specifically to anything I've said. Btw, that's almost verbatim what I said to you in the MLB forum when you were doing the same stuff. I don't mind the back and forth; it's just that the same argument gets tiring after a while. But feel free to keep it up; knock yourself out.

Back on topic, I agree that refs in the bigger scheme of things aren't a huge deal. But then again neither is clear visors, and that got OS front page treatment. It's not people picking on EA about every little thing; it's more a cumulative issue. Tackling, blocking, coverage issues, QB issues, AI, etc. are all major issues that add to longtime irritations like lack of referees being a bigger issue than it really is. Given the number of years this has been in discussion, there really isn't an excuse
What is their to comment on? You give 2k a free pass, and hammer EA at every turn. You've already admitted your inablity to see the two companies without bias, pointing to some nonsense about EA's business practices. First post in this thread you bring 2k in to the equation, and claim some hypocrisy, which is quite hilarious. Even funnier is you claiming to not be starting a 2k vs. EA thing.

If you had any shot at seeing things from a levelheaded perspective, you wouldn't get any arguments from me. But you're so transparent, despite your objections, and weak insults. There's really no point of yours for me to discuss. You've yet to actually make one outside of your normal EA is the devil, and it's the game media's fault, drivel.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #44
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Post the link please....
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....art=0&start=15

Phil's username is fillycheze...

My own two cents: Referee's not being in the game is not a huge issue. But for some reason, I figured since Madden 2008 (NCAA not so much) was such a poor quality game in the eyes of most gamers, EA/Tiburon would pull out all the stops to give fans what they wanted. Fans have been complaining about the refs for quite a while now. But, like others have said, you don't notice them when you're playing the game anyway. Ref's and chain gangs just simply contribute to the presentation. Heck, let's at least hope that they'll actually call some penalties this year. With the exception of false start, encroachment, and the occasional pass interference, there were no calls being made this past yr.

Last edited by RGiles36; 04-18-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It is people picking on EA. Look at MLB2k8. Same issues in that franchise that have been there since it's inception, but now with the added fun of technical problems in the form of framerate issues, and they get no where near the criticism EA gets. They get the 2k apologists coming out in droves to make excuses for them, despite the fact they have quite a similiar licensing agreement.

Getting after EA, is just the popular thing to do now, and so everyone does it. They deserve criticism I don't think that can be disputed, but it's gotten to ridiculous levels at this point. We've got people looking for glitches in pre-release trailers months, before release or people melting down because the game lacks refs and a chain gang.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It is people picking on EA. Look at MLB2k8. Same issues in that franchise that have been there since it's inception, but now with the added fun of technical problems in the form of framerate issues, and they get no where near the criticism EA gets. They get the 2k apologists coming out in droves to make excuses for them, despite the fact they have quite a similiar licensing agreement.

Getting after EA, is just the popular thing to do now, and so everyone does it. They deserve criticism I don't think that can be disputed, but it's gotten to ridiculous levels at this point. We've got people looking for glitches in pre-release trailers months, before release or people melting down because the game lacks refs and a chain gang.
It is a baseball game and football games are more popular. I didn't buy 2k8 because the last 2 years was sub par and that is the biggest form of criticism. I left their product on the shelf.

Since, I have a PS3 (and loving it) I can own a great baseball title.

I am not melting down over chain gangs but I will melt down if and when I see a flat non pocket and a qb dropping back 20 yards and throwing strikes across field. I am a gameplay whore and EA could/should/needed to address these game play issues.

I find it even more interesting how some people are melting over friggin staduims but I am a game play guy.

Peace
Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 14

I think and I would assume most people agree, if something was there in the past and was able to be done with a weaker system than it should be done now. During the PS1 and PS2 lifespan things where always done to improve the overall package. I can remember the awe of the first time I saw Madden on the PS2 and the first time I played it. It was breathtaking and truly a different experience because the game felt more real and authenic. The PS3 and 360 are leaps and bounds ahead of the PS2 and yet the experience was no where near awe inspiring, because of the gameplay and authenticity. Refs, Chain gangs, measurements, dynamic crowds have already been done and we have the right to expect them in our game. I know this is a little over extreme, but imagine a car manufacturer coming out with an updated auto and taking out antilock breaks, cruise control and AC. No one would buy it because of the lack of features. Same thing here. I have bought EA football games since SUper NES and Sega. Every year of Madden, and NCAA since I can remember. I probably still will buy NCAA, but I am extremely dissappointed at the lack of producer/designer - customer interaction. I applaud the SCEA baseball team for coming to the source to figure out how to make a better game and I wish EA would do the same. For some people refs does not make or break a gaem. It will not break it for me, but it will make it real. I love to simulate the game of football and I want to be immersed in it. For me that is refs, chain gan, great atmosphere, real teams, real stadiums, smart AI, wonderful animations, and a deep career mode that comes as close to real football as possible.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am not melting down over chain gangs but I will melt down if and when I see a flat non pocket and a qb dropping back 20 yards and throwing strikes across field. I am a gameplay whore and EA could/should/needed to address these game play issues.

I find it even more interesting how some people are melting over friggin staduims but I am a game play guy.

Peace
I don't disagree with any of that. I think we are on the same page for that stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »