Home

Now that you seen the trailer.....

This is a discussion on Now that you seen the trailer..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After seeing the trailer..what ur decision as of right now?
release day purchase 83 61.48%
release day rent 10 7.41%
wait for some OS people to review b4 I decide 36 26.67%
not worth my time 6 4.44%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991
Now that you seen the trailer.....

will you buy 1st day its released, rent 1st day it is available, wait for OS members to review the game b4 you decide what to do or not even worth your time?

For me honestly this game was a buy the 1st day it was released. I enjoyed 08. It was a great game, but not perfect. 09 was a 1st day buy for even without the trailer(online dynasty & roster sharing had me from day one). I think over 90% of the people here enjoyed 08. So what will you guys(and girls if any)do?

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Now that you seen the trailer.....

Rent, try out all the modes for a couple of weeks. If the differences in gameplay and presentation are a little more than an oil change and tuneup, I may pick it up used after they release the patch to repair a big flaw. Not being negative, but developers know they can fix games after they release so why bother to really spend time and money testing for bugs and issues. Peace.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Other

Because of principle, I don't rent games. I assume some of that money finds it's way to the publisher. I'll play it either at a freind's or on a store kiosk. Unlike a lot of OSers, it only takes me a series or 2 to form an opinion on sports video games. There are very specific improvements I'm looking for. If there not there, it will be the 4th or 5th year in the past 5 or 6 years that I'll go without an EA football game. I'm used to it.

As for the trailer, it showed me nothing other than EA is still good at making them. Untill I see 11-on-11 gameplay vids, there's not much to show me this year's version will be any better than the last 5 or so.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll try the demo, rent it, then read OS for any huge problems, then if it's good I'll buy it.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Rookie

worldwearyeyes's Arena

OVR: 3

If Online Dynasty is what it should be, I'll be buying on day 1. If it's all watered down, I'll rent and form an opinion then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Being I have no other choice & I love College Football, coupled in with the Online Dynasty. I would have to say Its a 1st day buy....
Old 04-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 11

not interested i already seen glitches in the trailor if u look good.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

LOL, I love people who look for "glitches" in game trailer released several months before release.

I'll buy it on release day, because I simply lack the willpower not to. That being said, I'd be lying if I said I was particularly encouraged by anything I saw in that trailer. But I'll keep holding out some hope EA will surprise me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »