Home

CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25)

This is a discussion on CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #25
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25)

1. can customized sliders be used in online dynasty games? (human vs. human and human vs.cpu)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Imo anyone who is skeptical about NCAA (or EA in general) would do well to give CDJ's impressions more weight than Pasta's. Pasta can be something of a cheerleader at times, plus he seems to be mainly a Madden guy. CDJ and the folks over at ncaastrategies are the hardest of hardcore cfb fans.
Sounds good thanx

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 21

I don't think anyone's unappreciative of getting more information. The question is the legitimacy of the information being given out, I think. I think everyone benefits to some degree - gamers crave as much info as possible, EA benefits from additional marketing/hype of their product, and those that go benefit from being given that level of access. I do think it's very beneficial to EA to generate hype - they're putting out information for a reason. Sure, some people will buy the game regardless of it's quality, but I think there are a lot more people out there that are at least more cautious in making a purchase because of the quality of the football games for the past several years. So I don't think it's an issue of people piling on EA as much as it is people being told what they want to hear, then buying the game and seeing otherwise.

I do disagree w/the sentiment that the hardcore community's opinion doesn't matter much - I think the community self-imposes limits on it's influence, and the community heads don't help much by exacerbating that feeling of "your tiny opinion doesn't matter - just be happy they're throwing us a bone". When you look at something like Comic-Con, that used to be looked at exclusively for nerds, but is now targeted by all the major movie studios - there's a significant reason for that. Get the hardcore comics community involved to create buzz and it usually means dollars for their product. EA needs consumer money more than consumers need their game - unfortunately the community a lot of the time acts like it's the opposite.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't think anyone's unappreciative of getting more information. The question is the legitimacy of the information being given out, I think. I think everyone benefits to some degree - gamers crave as much info as possible, EA benefits from additional marketing/hype of their product, and those that go benefit from being given that level of access. I do think it's very beneficial to EA to generate hype - they're putting out information for a reason. Sure, some people will buy the game regardless of it's quality, but I think there are a lot more people out there that are at least more cautious in making a purchase because of the quality of the football games for the past several years. So I don't think it's an issue of people piling on EA as much as it is people being told what they want to hear, then buying the game and seeing otherwise.

I do disagree w/the sentiment that the hardcore community's opinion doesn't matter much - I think the community self-imposes limits on it's influence, and the community heads don't help much by exacerbating that feeling of "your tiny opinion doesn't matter - just be happy they're throwing us a bone". When you look at something like Comic-Con, that used to be looked at exclusively for nerds, but is now targeted by all the major movie studios - there's a significant reason for that. Get the hardcore comics community involved to create buzz and it usually means dollars for their product. EA needs consumer money more than consumers need their game - unfortunately the community a lot of the time acts like it's the opposite.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Have any of you guys ever visited NCAAStrategies.com? Seriously, you guys that think these guys do nothing but pump up EA are clueless about that site. I've never seen a more negative overall group of gamers in my life. CDJ isn't like that (along with many other good posters like Rhombic, gcshwendt and CFR-116) but that particular website is the toughest crowd of sports gamers I've ever seen. EA gets hammered by a lot of people on their forums.

I remember going over there after NCAA '06 and I couldn't believe the negativity (especially since I loved that game). In all seriousness, many posters critique NCAA football more than a 2K fanboy does. They are uber hardcore fans pushing for a lot of stuff.

CDJ also does PS3 rosters for the game and I'll definately be looking forward to his impressions and Pasta's.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #30
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

my biggest question in are in-game saves in?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 14

I'd say I'm more of a tweener, maybe falling more on the casual side but appreciating realism. I just tend to put more weight on fun factor. CDJ would probably offer the more hardcore perspective.

Last year I came out of the Madden community day the least enthused of everyone there because of the issues that were readily apparent. Big difference here though is that we're getting time with an early build where our feedback can be considered and potentially be acted upon. So I would expect my thoughts on it to be more informational (how does home field advantage work, how does the online dynasties work) than opinionated or detailing things like DB AI. A few years back this would be about the time when they'd be rolling out an E3 restricted build but we'll have access to everything in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
my biggest question in are in-game saves in?
I'm guessing not. I'm sure they would have listed that feature in their initial spec list but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I love in game saves for the Show. What about multiple camera angles as well? That's a pretty big deal for a lot of people including myself. I would love a view a little more zoomed out. Hopefully we can find out about some of these things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »