Home

NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I am less enthusiatic after reading that write-up. 1-2 INTs returned for TDs per game? No thanks. I honestly may not get this game on Day One this year. I don't think I've ever said that about this game, but the INT issue is just inexcusable. And so is only having one camera angle. Really EA. One freaking camera angle? We have how many camera angles in FIFA, NBA Live, UEFA, etc.?

It sounds like there have been some improvements in other areas, but if the game is going to be an interception festival like '08 than this game will be just as frustrating. I can only hope that the INT slider and Knockdown slider actually work this year.
I'm not thrilled to hear that the INT's for TD's are overdone still. That @#$% killed the game for me last year. I mean really 1-2+ INT's returned for TD's PER GAME!! WTF kinda crap is that.

Last edited by Moshood; 04-25-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshood
I'm not thrilled to hear that the INT's are overdone still. That @#$% killed the game for me last year. I mean really 1-2+ INT's returned for TD's PER GAME!! WTF kinda crap is that.
Really the way i think about, if hes playing default sliders and they get 1-2 per game that can prolly be toned down with sliders since last year on default i could get 3-6 pick sixes a game.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I completely agree about wishing Tiburon would just take risks and go all out with authenticity. I think that it is a proven effective formula in game design, look how attention to detail has been received by gamers playing The Show and how that has translated into the rise of that title. And although it's not nearly the same type of game, the emphasis in GTA IV's production was all about the small details and adding as many of them as possible, and look how well that seems to already have been received by the public and the media.
This adds a wow factor for casual and hardcore gamers.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I am less enthusiatic after reading that write-up. 1-2 INTs returned for TDs per game? No thanks. I honestly may not get this game on Day One this year. I don't think I've ever said that about this game, but the INT issue is just inexcusable. And so is only having one camera angle. Really EA. One freaking camera angle? We have how many camera angles in FIFA, NBA Live, UEFA, etc.?

It sounds like there have been some improvements in other areas, but if the game is going to be an interception festival like '08 than this game will be just as frustrating. I can only hope that the INT slider and Knockdown slider actually work this year.

There is still some time left to fine tune the passing game (hopefully), so who knows.

Good write up by NCAA Strategies though. Thanks for keeping us informed coogrfan.
Its one of those things where you don't want to be rude to people who have invited you to observe, report, and critique their game a couple of months before its done, but I hope they can really hammer the point home how fundamentally flawed it is for there to be that that many returns for TD's. They really need to convince them to fix this aspect of game. To me its the most important thing they can do during this trip.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Really the way i think about, if hes playing default sliders and they get 1-2 per game that can prolly be toned down with sliders since last year on default i could get 3-6 pick sixes a game.
Yeah, hopefully the INT Slider works this year though since last year I could nab 4+ INT's with the INT Slider set at zero.

Last edited by Moshood; 04-24-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #22
Rookie

twisted88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
That's assuming the sliders actually WORK this year! In browsing various forums last year, it seemed the overwhelming gamekiller was the excessive turnovers in 08. There were obviously other gameplay issues, but the ints was the one I saw complained about the most. You would have hoped that would be one of the first things they addressed this year. Just hope with over 2 months before release, they get that fixed!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:53 PM   #23
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
That's true, compared to default last year that is an improvement, but the ratio still needs to be improved. I don't know what the average TD/INT ratio was in college football last year but I'm certain it was above 1:1 or 1:2.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:59 PM   #24
Rookie

1-2 combined INT's per game isn't bad but, returning 1-2 INT's for TD's per game is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »