Home

NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #49
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'll end up buying it anyway since its the only College football game there is and thats my favorite sport.
yup
Old 04-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #50
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
I agree. I hate having to have a house rule that I can only attempt 1 INT for a return TD. AFter I attempted 1, I would have to go out of bounds if I picked another. What made it worse was the CPU didn't follow my house rules... It's just too easy to get a TD off a INT.
I knew that ASAP when I saw that first trailer when one of the RBs somehow pulled off a spin move and a juke simultaneously, defying all laws of physics.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:29 AM   #51
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

1-2 INTs returned for TDs a GAME?!

If this is still happening, then why in the name of all that is holy are you spending time on freaking Cheerleader animations programmers??

Honestly, even a great Defensive squad gets maaaaaaaaaaybe 3-4 Defensive Touchdowns a SEASON...at most.

Come on EA...get this ironed out pronto! Otherwise, sounds good, but geez EA!!! What the hell are you doing? It's not like a giant blazing billboard for the past year hasn't explained what the MAJOR issues were with 08.

Sounds like EA just didn't bother to address many of the BIGGEST issues..or address them very "meagerly". Not a good thing.

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 04-25-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 02:37 AM   #52
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Three years in and still one camera angle and no coach mode...Unbelievable. Was excited about custom soundtracks, but oh well. Hopefully these consoles have at least a 10 year life cycle...can't wait to go through this all over again on the next consoles.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #53
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

If this is still happening, then why in the name of all that is holy are you spending time on freaking Cheerleader animations programmers??

Honestly, even a great Defensive squad gets maaaaaaaaaaybe 3-4 Defensive Touchdowns a SEASON...at most.

Come on EA...get this ironed out pronto! Otherwise, sounds good, but geez EA!!! What the hell are you doing? It's not like a giant blazing billboard for the past year hasn't explained what the MAJOR issues were with 08.

Sounds like EA just didn't bother to address many of the BIGGEST issues..or address them very "meagerly". Not a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
Three years in and still one camera angle and no coach mode...Unbelievable. Was excited about custom soundtracks, but oh well. Hopefully these consoles have at least a 10 year life cycle...can't wait to go through this all over again on the next consoles.
I'm surprised you guys are surprised by EA

Well I don't jump to any conclusions until I see video.. so that's something worth holding out hope for.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #54
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Bingo. Turnovers should have been the first thing fixed. Not something that needs to be slipped in in the last phase.

Red flags based on 10+ years of NCAA football:

*high scoring 5 min. games? - going to cause problems with stats because there won't be enough snaps: tackles, etc or carries and catches.

*CPU QB AI

a) obviously the 1-2 INT TD's per game were a gamekiller last year. Inflates the scores of games and means even more annoying house rules.

b) couple that with high completion % = a lot of the 15-19 250 yds (higher if the CPU actually throws deep this year) 2 TD 3 or 4 INT games from the CPU QB...

I'm underwhelmed - they didn't even talk about the option game yet...
Old 04-25-2008, 04:44 AM   #55
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Hey guys - hope you enjoyed the early impressions.

I will add that the lead prodcuer stated that within just the last week there have been tweaks to the game on both sides of the ball.

Please don't take these impressions as being the final gospel on the game. It will be the thoughts of the game at Community Day that you should put more stock into. If they make some of the tweaks we suggested, this game will be pretty good.

I'll add that Online Dynasties are going to be amazing. I'll have an audio interview up by this weekend (hopefully).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:

I agree with you & please for the love of GOD I hope Superman is not playing Middle LB this yr. I want to hear what online & offline dynasty is all about. Auburn who is that in your avatar?

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »