Home

Online Dynasty = bust

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty = bust within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Online Dynasty = bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
EA misses the mark once again. I guess I 'll be waiting until hell freezes over for the ability for me and my buddy to actually play each other (in every game) online in some kind of season or dynasty mode. I don't want to play the cpu!!!!

Sports games are completely different when a human is controling the opposing team as opposed to the AI...

I dream of the day where the online modes are no different than the offline modes...not this year.
so what do you want? a 117 person controlled dynasty?

come on be realistic.

besides if you wanted to you could pile 12 guys into one conference and play a large part of your schedule against humans.

personally i don't mind the dynamic of human vs. computer games. it just makes those games against the humans that much more important.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #10
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
EA misses the mark once again. I guess I 'll be waiting until hell freezes over for the ability for me and my buddy to actually play each other (in every game) online in some kind of season or dynasty mode. I don't want to play the cpu!!!!

Sports games are completely different when a human is controling the opposing team as opposed to the AI...

I dream of the day where the online modes are no different than the offline modes...not this year.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
so what do you want? a 117 person controlled dynasty?

come on be realistic.

besides if you wanted to you could pile 12 guys into one conference and play a large part of your schedule against humans.

personally i don't mind the dynamic of human vs. computer games. it just makes those games against the humans that much more important.
no man, I want a two man (me and my buddy) season or dynasty mode online where I can control the opposing team during his season games and he controls the opposing team when my season games are played..I think madden 06 had it with "live opponant" (the one with Donavan McNabb on the cover) but the game sucked so but it was basiclly unplayable.

human v. CPU does nothing for me....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
you're pretty much the only person that I have ever heard mention that before so I'm sure EA will conform to your wishes
I don't get it, anyone who thinks you can coordinate 12 people to be simultaneously online, playing the game from remote locations either 1) has no life 2) or is high on dope....from what I've read this implementation of online dynasty is completely worthless.

It seems like a simple thing, from one console, fire up a season mode and on the screen where you pick what team you control give me the ability to have someone who is playing online select one of the teams...i.e. give me the ability to send an invite from that screen...problem solved. Then you could have as many or as little as 2 teams seleceted and you could play the dynasty or season out against your friend...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I don't get it, anyone who thinks you can coordinate 12 people to be simultaneously online, playing the game from remote locations either 1) has no life 2) or is high on dope....from what I've read this implementation of online dynasty is completely worthless.

It seems like a simple thing, from one console, fire up a season mode and on the screen where you pick what team you control give me the ability to have someone who is playing online select one of the teams...i.e. give me the ability to send an invite from that screen...problem solved. Then you could have as many or as little as 2 teams seleceted and you could play the dynasty or season out against your friend...
1) It's not simultaneous from what I have read. You will just have to get your game/recruiting stuff in a reasonable time just like you would if you & your boy were playing.

2) You should have clarified your 2nd pt from the begining. I interpreted it differently. That is a cool option and I remember that from Madden but it would only be worthwhile if like you said, were sending the invite to a friend and not a random.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

The title of this thread is ridiculous. I am seriously grateful they put this in
Old 04-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Sounds like he wants the Live Opponent feature that used to be in Madden (not sure if it is still in).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
1)
2) You should have clarified your 2nd pt from the begining. I interpreted it differently. That is a cool option and I remember that from Madden but it would only be worthwhile if like you said, were sending the invite to a friend and not a random.
It seems like EA, with all the cool things they do, misses on really simple stuff just like the live opponant feature from Madden past...they let you play a real person but it's some random dude....once again, totally worthless. All they have to do is give you the abiltiy to invite someone from a friends list during season and or dynasty mode....

The PS2 madden has a "spawn game" feature that accomplishes the goal of a 2 man online season but it errors out and stops working after like week 7 making that worthless as well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »