Home

Will EA EVER

This is a discussion on Will EA EVER within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Will EA EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The thing is....NCAA has flashes of brilliance AI wise.

Take for instance last night,

I'm playing on my new Auburn dynasty in year 1 running the Troy Spread offense. I'm playing Bama in the Iron Bowl, ranked #5 in the nation and 10-1 on the year. I've just drubbed Georgia by 40 and playing a Bama team that is 6-5.

I'm using the adjustable sliders that Spin posted and had probably the most exciting game I've ever had in NCAA, winning 20-14 in a game that Bama outgained me by almost 100 yards and only turned the ball over once.

They ran the ball well, threw well...basically played great. Hard fought game.

THAT is what is so maddening. Once out of about 6 or 7 games I'll get an absolute classic....which is followed up by the CPU basically committing suicide 2 or 3 straight games with dumb playcalls, multiple turnovers that become TDs for me, and a 40 point win for me, even against teams that are even with me in talent.

The ability is there...EA just needs to FOCUS on it...not on cheerleaders or celebrating mascots.

As far as Hoops is concerned..I echo stewaat. I am in Year 4 of my Auburn dynasty and for the first time ever, I'm undefeated deep into the season at 17-0. My team is pretty sick talent and depth wise and I've had some close calls but managed to stay undefeated. I start to think "maybe I need to change the sliders again...."

Well..using the EXACT SAME SLIDERS, I decided to finally start a career legacy with Charleston Southern. I'm 2-3 with one choke job loss to Tulane and 2 absolute blowout losses, including a 40 point drubbing to Auburn.

That is called quality AI programming. If I play and coach well and have a talented team, I usually win. If I play and coach well and I'm light years behind my opponent talent wise, I lose..and lose BIG.

If I play and coach badly with a talented team or less talented team...I lose.

That's how it SHOULD work...everytime, not just once every 6 or 7 ballgames.

But online dynasty for NCAA will be my saving grace. So far, We've got 4 of us committed to a long term dynasty. That's plenty of tough opponents that will ALWAYS play smart (well...maybe ) and keep the game fresh and challenging.

Considering I still play the hell out of NCAA 08, I'm confident that we can find sliders that are suitably pleasing for all involved as well.

Online dynasty really will bring a whole new dimension to the fun factor of dynasties IMO.
AuburnAlumni, what sliders were you referring to for your football Dynasty? Also, have you used any updated rosters, or did you just edit Auburn. I recently started a new Dynasty with Ole Miss and I added Enrique Davis and Trahan, and redshirted them during the 07 season. I was wondering if there was an updated roster, nationally, since Ensminger is at La. Tech and Melancon is also at La. Tech. I know Odom is out at LSU as well as Bell, from AU, that is at Memphis with Odom. Mallet to ARKY, etc. If I can get some cool rosters, I'm thinking about controlling all the SEC teams, or others with players that need redshirted. I like the idea of having Auburn running the spread. I just wish there was a way you could quit the extra jobs and the schools keep the same strategy. Is this possible. This would all tie me over until July.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

out of all the games i play ncaa is by far the least challenging. just like AA said, 1 out of every 6 games is a challenge. With ncaa i just sit back and let the cpu self destruct. The only reason i buy ncaa is because of the dynasty mode so im looking forward to the online dynasty and recruiting against other people. i just hope that the cpu steps up their game because playing randoms online sucks.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #19
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
out of all the games i play ncaa is by far the least challenging. just like AA said, 1 out of every 6 games is a challenge. With ncaa i just sit back and let the cpu self destruct. The only reason i buy ncaa is because of the dynasty mode so im looking forward to the online dynasty and recruiting against other people. i just hope that the cpu steps up their game because playing randoms online sucks.
i don't know about the least challenging, i had no problems going undefeated in older NCAAs. this one i seem to lose at least 1 game a year. been blown out a few times as well. but i have had 5-6 games in a row were the CPU just couldn't do anything, then the very next few games is a struggle.

i also only get NCAA for the dynasty mode, but the online dynasty might get me to play it this year. playing random people online is a crap shoot on the quality of game you play.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 11

i agree with you i have NEVER lost to the cpu in the history of ncaa football..im not saying im good its jus the cpu does dumb playcvallin
Old 04-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #21
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Again, maybe I just stink at the game or whatnot, but I think the developers have done a decent job in keeping the AI challenging by having the AI adapt to your play calls and your tendacies.
You think so? My problem with football games is that the AI does not adapt to play calls and tendencies. You can beat the CPU using the same couple of plays. Furthermore, using the run to set up the pass doesn't even work in this game. Whenever you set up to pass, it's like the AI already knows lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #22
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hndavis
i agree with you i have NEVER lost to the cpu in the history of ncaa football..im not saying im good its jus the cpu does dumb playcvallin

Not even once?

Either you (a) don't play much; (b) don't play on Heisman; or (c) you hit reset a lot.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #23
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Not even once?

Either you (a) don't play much; (b) don't play on Heisman; or (c) you hit reset a lot.
Every time I play my first game its on Heisman and it seems like the CPU is extra hard. I lose every time than it take me about 3 games to get use to it and to play a competitive game. This happens when i haven't played in awhile as well.

People who say they never lost to the computer must play against others when they first get the game so when they finally battle the computer they are already comfortable with the game and how it plays. or like you said don't play on Heisman
Old 04-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You think so?
Yeah, actually I do. Sorry that my opinion on the game is different than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
My problem with football games is that the AI does not adapt to play calls and tendencies. You can beat the CPU using the same couple of plays. Furthermore, using the run to set up the pass doesn't even work in this game. Whenever you set up to pass, it's like the AI already knows lol.
I guess you and I see things differently. It seems to me that the cpu adjusts to my playcalling and tendacies. But, whether it is or isn't doesn't matter. As long as I think, theres that phrase again, its happening then thats good enough for me.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »