Home

Will EA EVER

This is a discussion on Will EA EVER within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #33
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Will EA EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
.... and yet you don't disagree with those who constantly point out EA's shortcomings despite producing a game that is not only extremely popular but many people's overall favorite game released each year? hmm...

just saying, I don't understand why it bothers you he or anyone else defends EA when there is probably a ratio of 50 people to 1 on here in regards to those attacking EA and those defending them....
I just disagree with him about how great EA and 08 are. I just noticed him more because of his pic of Pujols(since I'm a Cardinals fan). It doesn't bother me that CB or anyone else defends EA. This game, like last year's version, sucks, IMO.

I bought the game, unaware of how bad it was. It's my favorite game too. Yeah, it's extremely popular. What's that got to do with anything. It still sucks. Country Boy, I honestly never intended to any harm. I was only questioning why you loved the game(08) so much. I just didn't see how. No big deal. I'll never make another mention of it.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Honestly, I didn't include sarcasm. I'm glad you like it. I didn't intend to offend anyone. There were no personal attacks or anything similar.

I'm not hung up over the fact that you enjoyed it and my life isn't altered in any way because you like this dumb-downed version of a college football game.

As I said earlier, I don't think anyone's an idiot due to this game, however, I disagree with the fact that you constantly take up for EA's shortcomings for producing a piece of crap. It all boils down to just being opinions, so it's not that big of a deal. Your opinion is to praise it, mine is to condemn it for the shortcoming that it is.
You don't intend sarcasm or insults but yet your post is full of back-handed insults. Not sure what I mean, check out the bolded parts of your post.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I just disagree with him about how great EA and 08 are. I just noticed him more because of his pic of Pujols(since I'm a Cardinals fan). It doesn't bother me that CB or anyone else defends EA. This game, like last year's version, sucks, IMO.

I bought the game, unaware of how bad it was. It's my favorite game too. Yeah, it's extremely popular. What's that got to do with anything. It still sucks. Country Boy, I honestly never intended to any harm. I was only questioning why you loved the game(08) so much. I just didn't see how. No big deal. I'll never make another mention of it.

It doesn't bother you that I defend the game but yet, you are curious as to how I can defend a "piece of crap game".

And just for the sake of mentioning it, because I feel it should be mentioned, I have expressed concerns over the game. Read through my posts. They aren't filled with posts of how perfect EA's football titles are or that EA can do no wrong. They are filled with things I like about the game, yes more things than most, and things that I disliked about the game, not quite as many.

Look, you can ask me why I like the game or whatnot, but to do so with, imo, back-handed insults isn't necessary.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

I bought the game, unaware of how bad it was. It's my favorite game too. Yeah, it's extremely popular. What's that got to do with anything.
It's relevant because if the world shared your opinion that the game sucks then the game wouldn't sell well. So it must have more positives than negatives overall.

Quote:
It still sucks. Country Boy, I honestly never intended to any harm. I was only questioning why you loved the game(08) so much. I just didn't see how. No big deal. I'll never make another mention of it.
What is far more annoying to me than countryboy or anyone defending the game is the fact that the forum is filled with people such as yourself who constantly berate the game and then go and buy it again. Sometimes I wonder if a lot of people, such as yourself, in these forums are simply not comfortable unless they can be miserable and tell everyone again and again about how miserable they are. Thus, the main reason for a lot of folks buying the game seems to be simply so that they can savage the game in every fashion and churn up outrage towards EA. Make no mistake though, I'm not saying everyone who complains is in this category, after all I myself have criticized EA quite a bit lately. But there should be a balance.

You know what they say is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different outcome. For folks who have bought EA sports games and hate how they play, I see no reason why you at least don't rent their games because honestly, we all know they don't change radically in how they play from year to year. To keep buying the games each year for these people - well it's sheer insanity.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 04-30-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:50 PM   #37
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
It's relevant because if the world shared your opinion that the game sucks then the game wouldn't sell well. So it must have more positives than negatives overall.

What is far more annoying to me than countryboy or anyone defending the game is the fact that the forum is filled with people such as yourself who constantly berate the game and then go and buy it again. Sometimes I wonder if a lot of people, such as yourself, in these forums are simply not comfortable unless they can be miserable and tell everyone again and again about how miserable they are. Thus, the main reason for a lot of folks buying the game seems to be simply so that they can savage the game in every fashion and churn up outrage towards EA. Make no mistake though, I'm not saying everyone who complains is in this category, after all I myself have criticized EA quite a bit lately. But there should be a balance.

You know what they say is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different outcome. For folks who have bought EA sports games and hate how they play, I see no reason why you at least don't rent their games because honestly, we all know they don't change radically in how they play from year to year. To keep buying the games each year for these people - well it's sheer insanity.
Thanks a lot Tony Robbins. I bought the game not knowing how bad it would be. This was my first year on next-gen, I knew before hand that it would be missing a few options due to it being announced before the game was released. That was my lesson learned. It won't happen again.

I'd much rather be happy with a good game, but this game sucks. I'm not gonna pretend it is a good game.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #38
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You don't intend sarcasm or insults but yet your post is full of back-handed insults. Not sure what I mean, check out the bolded parts of your post.

I think the game is crap. That's evident. The game is missing features from last-gen. It's dumbed-down. I don't see how you like it so much. You like it. No big deal. Once again, if you take those as back-handed insults, you're taking it all wrong. Screw it. You and O-Dogg can have each other.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #39
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
I think the game is crap. That's evident. The game is missing features from last-gen. It's dumbed-down. I don't see how you like it so much. You like it. No big deal. Once again, if you take those as back-handed insults, you're taking it all wrong. Screw it. You and O-Dogg can have each other.
You're right, this game is crap...I'm glad you've managed to already plan NCAA 09.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Not to butt in, but doesn't this argument overlook the fact that there is no alternative choice? I mean, if BackBreaker was the only football game on the market, I'm positive it would sell well, too. And I haven't even played BackBreaker yet or seen any real gameplay videos. When you've got the pro and college football markets by the balls, you can't assume anything based on sales numbers alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »