Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: IGN

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 4 New Gameplay Videos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
this game sucks
ok.....not sure how you can make that conclusion from the limited videos we've seen and the scarce hands-on previews, but to each his own.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #34
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am almost positive that they voted to raise the play clock time in an effort to reduce the number of plays in the college game.

And I couldn't agree more. If the game releases with the 25 second play clock, that would not only be unacceptable, it would be embarrassing.
Last year's game didn't have the new rules either.

The 40-second playclock isn't something we'd want in the game IMO. Gamers who have the lead would milk the playclock for 30+ seconds at a time and people would get pissed. While not realistic, it is for the best IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
on the FSU TD, if the user would have press "Y" on the controller, the "Team Animation Available" option would have been activated and he wouldn't have celebrated alone.
The "Team Celebration" is a celebration specific to the school. IE: Central Florida player spelling out "U-C-F" with his arms, etc. I'm sure this would include "Hook 'em Horns", etc.

Talking with Dave from psu.com, we're pretty sure this is from an earlier build than what we played last week in NYC, FWIW. I'm not as impressed with these clips as I was with the game last week.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjacobs
Last year's game didn't have the new rules either.

The 40-second playclock isn't something we'd want in the game IMO. Gamers who have the lead would milk the playclock for 30+ seconds at a time and people would get pissed. While not realistic, it is for the best IMO.

The "Team Celebration" is a celebration specific to the school. IE: Central Florida player spelling out "U-C-F" with his arms, etc. I'm sure this would include "Hook 'em Horns", etc.

Talking with Dave from psu.com, we're pretty sure this is from an earlier build than what we played last week in NYC, FWIW. I'm not as impressed with these clips as I was with the game last week.
Same thing Pasta said on his site, so thats good news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #36
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
this game sucks
I'm glad you feel that way. Now quit filling the boards up with whining and go pout somewhere til next year.

I'm pretty excited about it!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Minor point, but when did Cal add stripes to their helmets and pants? Is that something new?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I seriously don't see much difference between this and '08. Just more cheerleader cut scenes.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #39
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I seriously don't see much difference between this and '08. Just more cheerleader cut scenes.
You must not have played it very much, the gameplay speed in these clips makes 08 look like it was running in quicksand.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: IGN

I did like seeing corners take an inside leverage on the WR, finally some inside outside shade technique. As far as a pocket, if you 5-7 step drop a decent pocket usually forms, as long as we can slide protect it will be great. the reason for the 40 second clock is to attain consistency among officials. Some officials wait for everything to be perfect as far as chains, official alignments, ball spot, etc before starting the 25 second clock, sometimes 15 or so seconds would go by before the 25 sec clock started, some officials would blow it started immediately when the ball was spotted. This really can trouble coaches and players. The 40 second clock will now start as soon as the last play ends, so now the coaches can expect a little more consistency. I believe it was voted on by all head coaches and athletic directors in college. I know here in Texas at the HS level we follow NCAA rules and our head coaches got a memo to vote on the idea of going to a 40 second play clock. We will see if this is approved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »