Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #41
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: gamespot have posted 7 new game play videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Looked to me like Bama's players on the sideline have white cleats, while everyone on the field has on black. Hmmm.
generic sideline players.

Hopefully, at some point we can get actual players on the sidelines, something like what the Show has now, although its not perfect by any means, but its nice to see a real person on the sidelines/in the dugout.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #42
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
generic sideline players.

Hopefully, at some point we can get actual players on the sidelines, something like what the Show has now, although its not perfect by any means, but its nice to see a real person on the sidelines/in the dugout.
Yep. I don't mind some of them being generic, but how hard is it to have the K & P back by the net? The QB's should be by the HC. There should be benches at opposite ends of the sidelines, one for offense, one for defense. What is so difficult about that? Can the sideline players not wear the same colored shoes for mercy sakes? Surely they can/will fix this. It shouldn't be too hard.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Yep. I don't mind some of them being generic, but how hard is it to have the K & P back by the net? The QB's should be by the HC. There should be benches at opposite ends of the sidelines, one for offense, one for defense. What is so difficult about that? Can the sideline players not wear the same colored shoes for mercy sakes? Surely they can/will fix this. It shouldn't be too hard.
I agree 1000%. But I seriously doubt that they'll fix the sidelines this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #44
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The guard and center play doesn't really concern me much in the vids. The DE vs. OT play does. DE's still shoot out very wide at times and then loop back in which I don't like. It still seems as though the OT is hell bent to take away the outside rush (which was non existent in '08) and give up the inside too often. Hopefully the outside speed rush will come back. Again, its only a handful of plays but I would agree that the passing pocket still needs a lot of work.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #45
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I agree 1000%. But I seriously doubt that they'll fix the sidelines this year.
You're right. I shouldn't be expecting it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #46
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Re: NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot

Another thing that bothers me. Why is it, when I'm running the ball up the middle with my HB and he rubs shoulders with a clueless defender that doesn't appear to be trying to make a tackle, both players flop like they tripped a bomb? But when the defense wants to break through the line, there is none of this coincidental contact? If there was gonna be some kind of force field or vaccum, it should be harder to get between those big bodies up front for the defenders.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #47
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Another thing that bothers me. Why is it, when I'm running the ball up the middle with my HB and he rubs shoulders with a clueless defender that doesn't appear to be trying to make a tackle, both players flop like they tripped a bomb? But when the defense wants to break through the line, there is none of this coincidental contact? If there was gonna be some kind of force field or vaccum, it should be harder to get between those big bodies up front for the defenders.
It sucks that they still haven't gotten away from touch tackling

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 05-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7

Watching Notre Dame play last year, lineman not blocking in space can be viewed as realistic. I think with all the talk of branch animations, the offensive line needs an animation upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »