Home

The mobile QB in the college game..how will it work in NCAA?

This is a discussion on The mobile QB in the college game..how will it work in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
The mobile QB in the college game..how will it work in NCAA?

We all know that the QB run action is the newest thing in college football. You recruit 2 QBs who can run, and rotate them for devlopment and then you can run one guy a fair amount and if he gets hurt, have a backup. Today's QB has to be able to run and throw to get recruited by certain teams.

So back in the day of Vick on Madden, when every body on earth played with him and did the slant\out\deep route play over and over, it was deemed cheese.

Now it can not be because the run action is a big part of the game for many many teams. So my question is how do you think this will translate in the game? Will it be fair to the defender (CPU containing properly) and offensive player (not an overabundance of fumbles and injuries)? Do you think EA can get it right, because it is basically the same engine as before.

Also, will Ryan P be taken out of the game for LSU? If not, that team will be insane to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The mobile QB in the college game..how will it work in NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
We all know that the QB run action is the newest thing in college football. You recruit 2 QBs who can run, and rotate them for devlopment and then you can run one guy a fair amount and if he gets hurt, have a backup. Today's QB has to be able to run and throw to get recruited by certain teams.

So back in the day of Vick on Madden, when every body on earth played with him and did the slant\out\deep route play over and over, it was deemed cheese.

Now it can not be because the run action is a big part of the game for many many teams. So my question is how do you think this will translate in the game? Will it be fair to the defender (CPU containing properly) and offensive player (not an overabundance of fumbles and injuries)? Do you think EA can get it right, because it is basically the same engine as before.

Also, will Ryan P be taken out of the game for LSU? If not, that team will be insane to play with.
It seems like the fast QBs are being defended a little better now and it isn't as easy to cheese. I want someone that has 95+ THP as my QB, first and foremost. On 2008, I've had athletic QB's that could pick up some yardage, but nothing like the past versions.

I haven't fully noticed how much the running QB's are in next-gen.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The guys at the community day said the QB spy is vastly improved so we will have to see. The improved spy might make it more acceptable online. I think the PS2 version did a better job of making you fear the scrambling QB when playing the CPU. The cpu didn't run much or well enough with the QB last year so I hope that gets improved. The improved speed of the game might help as well. Last year's game was simply too slow.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Yeah because if I decide to buy this game, I'd like to try and play with FSU and use Ponder and Richardson. I hope I can do formation subs, because then I will bring in D'vo on certain packages and formations.

They are both mobile QBs also.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Yeah because if I decide to buy this game, I'd like to try and play with FSU and use Ponder and Richardson. I hope I can do formation subs, because then I will bring in D'vo on certain packages and formations.

They are both mobile QBs also.
Hey is E.J. Manuel supposed to play this season or sit out? I see he was a 4* recruit but I dont hear a lot about him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Hey is E.J. Manuel supposed to play this season or sit out? I see he was a 4* recruit but I dont hear a lot about him.
EJ enrolls in June. He will compete for the job, but it may take him a year to learn the system. If he comes in gets the job it will mean he is a complete god, because our other 3 guys are ready to go.

Most likely he will redshirt and take over in 09 or 10. Which is about when FSU should be a top 10 team again.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I can't wait to use Terrel Pryor in the game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »