Home

Dynasties and Franchises - Look in here and tell me I'm not crazy.

This is a discussion on Dynasties and Franchises - Look in here and tell me I'm not crazy. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Dynasties and Franchises - Look in here and tell me I'm not crazy.

I kind of wanted make this thread relate to all sports games, but since I notice it the most in football, I'll make it here.

Is it just me, or when you go into a dynasty with your sliders do they seem to change? By that I mean does the game play differently than it does in exhibition. Same goes for baseball and basketball games as well.

I have noticed after playing 08 again (and other year's titles) that no matter how perfect you get your sliders in exhibition, they are completely different in dynasty mode. I even had an experiment with this. I played against Marshall with Miami (U) in exhibition and won 42-10. Javarris James had something like 160 rushing yards and the CPU QB didn't just pick me apart. Then I tried to play in my dynasty with the same two teams, no adjustments made.

I played the same Marshall/Miami game twice. Both times James got close to the 100 yard mark, but he also carried the ball 20+times and didn't seem to be the threat he was in exhibition. I won each game, but not by half as much as I did in exhibition. Marshalls QB picked me apart and finished with like 75% of his passes completed.

I just noticed the entire style of play was different in dynasty. You just got that feeling from it.

Is it just me who notices this? Do you fix it by building your sliders off of dynasty games rather than exhibition games?

I want to fix this because I have the exhibition sliders down perfectly. Almost flawless. It's just when I take them into dynasty mode that things get very odd...
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Dynasties and Franchises - Look in here and tell me I'm not crazy.

Part of the reason(for NCAA football at least) for that is the coaching strategy in dynasty. play style and run/pass ratio play into how the CPU will play you. other than that I'm not sure what else could affect it. I haven't played many games outside of dynasty mode so i can't really compare them too much.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I kind of wanted make this thread relate to all sports games, but since I notice it the most in football, I'll make it here.

Is it just me, or when you go into a dynasty with your sliders do they seem to change? By that I mean does the game play differently than it does in exhibition. Same goes for baseball and basketball games as well.

I have noticed after playing 08 again (and other year's titles) that no matter how perfect you get your sliders in exhibition, they are completely different in dynasty mode. I even had an experiment with this. I played against Marshall with Miami (U) in exhibition and won 42-10. Javarris James had something like 160 rushing yards and the CPU QB didn't just pick me apart. Then I tried to play in my dynasty with the same two teams, no adjustments made.

I played the same Marshall/Miami game twice. Both times James got close to the 100 yard mark, but he also carried the ball 20+times and didn't seem to be the threat he was in exhibition. I won each game, but not by half as much as I did in exhibition. Marshalls QB picked me apart and finished with like 75% of his passes completed.

I just noticed the entire style of play was different in dynasty. You just got that feeling from it.

Is it just me who notices this? Do you fix it by building your sliders off of dynasty games rather than exhibition games?

I want to fix this because I have the exhibition sliders down perfectly. Almost flawless. It's just when I take them into dynasty mode that things get very odd...
I felt the same way. That's why I've always made/tweaked my sliders in dynasty mode. I always got the feeling the CPU played better in dynasty mode, especially in-conference games. I dunno, it could be all in my head too.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

It is definitely not in anyone's head because anyone whos been playing these games for years and especially next-gen, can plainly see that there is a dramatic diffence between exhibition and dynasties A.I. Peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »