Home

NCAA Football 09 Owen Schmitt vs DeSean Jackson OS Exclusive Video

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Owen Schmitt vs DeSean Jackson OS Exclusive Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: NCAA Football 09 Owen Schmitt vs DeSean Jackson OS Exclusive Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think Take Two and even Sega did VC an injustice in their WEAK marketing campaigns. They never highlighted these things and showed why it matters and why these things should become standards in football games and now they are receding into the background as somewhat irrelevant on the development side. At the end of the day, I understand EA. I don't necessarily agree, but I understand they are developing on a practical level. This formula of fun first, rock/paper/scissors, it is what put football games on the map, it is what moves units. Everything else is secondary

Truer words have never been spoken. Sega/VC's marketing has always been and continues to be their weak link.

I see where EA is coming from, it's what sells games, I am with you I don't agree with it, but it's working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The 20 yd. dropback is still in full effect I see.
I am afraid, this will always be a problem in their games. It's been a problem in pretty much every football game. It's worse further due to the fact the offensive tackles basically stone the rush ends at the LOS.

The game is what it is, at this point. That being said, I am with skyboxer, NCAA has been the game I have had the most fun with for the last several years. The only year I really didn't play much was 2004, when NFL 2k5 was what I thought at the time the best football game ever, and NCAA 2005, was in my opinion their worst effort ever.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #43
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am afraid, this will always be a problem in their games. It's been a problem in pretty much every football game. It's worse further due to the fact the offensive tackles basically stone the rush ends at the LOS.

The game is what it is, at this point. That being said, I am with skyboxer, NCAA has been the game I have had the most fun with for the last several years. The only year I really didn't play much was 2004, when NFL 2k5 was what I thought at the time the best football game ever, and NCAA 2005, was in my opinion their worst effort ever.
Totally agree.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-10-2008, 06:17 AM   #44
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The game looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait for the demo and game. Its so much more explosive than last year.

As for the whole sim argument, I disagree that you can't see enough of a difference between a pocket QB or a running QB. QB accuracy and throwing strength do mean a lot. At default levels there might not be enough of a difference but with slider tweaks to QB accuracy, you really see the difference. I almost always recruited pocket guys because running QB were lousy to throw with.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #45
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I hope they do implement some changes to this in the future engines. It sucks that a DE can't create contact with an OT and still keep moving as it really hurts the outside rush. I usually don't play on the DL that much so its not as much of a bother for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »