Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Clip, Random Gamers - Part 1 of 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Clip, Random Gamers - Part 1 of 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 09 Video Clip, Random Gamers - Part 1 of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
What are the nanos?

Was Devontry at QB for FSU? I could not tell who it was, but I saw running, which means that it is not Drew..lol.

I think you have to accept cheese. I hate to say it, but you just need to accept it and move on from there.
Nanos are blitzes that get there in well, a nano second. That's why the game is like it is. That's why there will never be a focus on QB's sitting in the pocket in their games. If you think about it, Tecmo Bowl was also sorta this way. The difference is in Tecmo you didn't set up blitzes, you had to choose the right defensive play and if you did the Offense was toast. It's funny. In Tecmo Bowl when the D came in instantly nobody called it cheese. But in Madden and NCAA it's cheese. Secondly, some people call it cheese, others call it survival. All I know is if you play online and don't know how to bring some kind of pressure, someone is going to drop 60 + points on you quickly.

The game has always been wide open in the 2 player aspect and now the emphasis is on wide open game play. If you are not bringing pressure games are gonna get out of hand in a hurry. Sometimes even when you bring pressure there are guys who can beat it easily. And with home field advantage being back once you fall down by two scores, if you climb out of that hole someone should call you Hercules.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA Football 09 Video Clip, Random Gamers From EA Vancouver Event - Part 1 of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Now all we have to do is find a new "Brightcove" for us to rape and pillage with NCAA highlights.
We can't use Brightcove anymore??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I must say, this is the first clip i've watched that's made me have optimistic feelings about the game. Why? Well one main reason, there seemed to be quite a bit incompleted passes. That's a great thing and one thing that the series needs. I also saw several interceptions that were NOT returned for TD's and that's also great. Overall it's nice to have a bit of optimism about the game.

LBzrule - personally i don't worry about nanoblitzes and neither should you or anyone else. There are plenty of people on OS and in other forums that will play you and me without having to worry about that nonsense. Oh yeah and even if those exploits were 100% gone you'd still not want to play those idiots simply because of their style of play (roll out every down, long bomb deep, run hurry up constantly).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

Why does every player have 4 shadows and with the exact same density? It's distracting.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #37
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
Why does every player have 4 shadows and with the exact same density? It's distracting.
game was played at night.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
game was played at night.
They still look kinda dark to me. Am I the only one that finds it distracting?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #39
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I noticed on one of the screens during the vid (2:51)there was something about coach your players. Steve? It looks like it might be something to boost composure?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 05-10-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I noticed on one of the screens during the vid (2:51)there was something about coach your players. Steve? It looks like it might be something to boost composure?
That looked like the coaching options Pasta described:

Quote:
After timeouts you have the opportunity to select an area of focus. This should give a boost in this area for (assuming) the next play. While on offense the options are “ignore crowd”, “get open”, “block better”, “break tackles”, and “protect ball”. While on defense they are “shed blocks”, “lockup coverage”, “tackle better”, “get ball back”, and “no penalties”. It makes the use of timeouts more strategic which is an improvement over them only being useful at the end of the half or game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »