Home

Dudes, PS2 version of NCAA 08...

This is a discussion on Dudes, PS2 version of NCAA 08... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Dudes, PS2 version of NCAA 08...

...I just discovered it. I picked it up from the bargain bin for $17.99 and I have to say, what a great game. I know I'm late to the party on this one but out of all the football titles released this year on every system, I have to say this is the best. Much beter than the PS3 version by leaps and bounds.

I've read a thread (in the madden forum) where a guy picks up sports titles every three years...not sure if I have the same kind of disipline but I think I can wait until these titles hit the used/resale bin. I honestly think picking these games up at bargain prices changes my expectations. Maybe if EA pulled a 2K and dropped the price down to $20 or $30 thier games wouldn't get ripped so bad...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dudes, PS2 version of NCAA 08...

Where did you pick it up for $17.99?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
Banned

Smile Re: Dudes, PS2 version of NCAA 08...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
Where did you pick it up for $17.99?
EBgames in the mall...it's funny, there were two copies on the shelf, one was tagged 26.99 and the other was 17.99...needless to say, I grabbed the cheaper one
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm playing 06 on the Xbox right now, and I'm seeing the flaws that made me eventually put that down anyway (deep ball being primary among them.) Is 08 on the PS2 better? I remember reading a fair bit about pursuit angles being broken with 08?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

the angles are broke but only if you speed burst behind the line of scrimage. i wish they would just do away with the damn speed burst. its messed this game up for as long as i can remember. speed cheat anyone? i see everyone get so worked up over ea making such "bad" games but if you thought that ncaa was going to be good the first 2 or 3 versions on next gen thats your fault. they make the best football game available its just on old gen. i loved 08 on ps2. gang tackling and high school stats during recruiting and the playbooks are 3 times as deep as next gen. if you can keep from speed bursting before the line of scrimage your ok. there is also a problem in dynasty where teams get put on probation really easy but it dosen't affect anything since the roster limit is only 70. great game. best ncaa ever. the computer can even beat me without the feeling of getting cheated. find some good heisman sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »