Home

You folks who have never done a multiplayer Dynasty...GET READY!!!!!

This is a discussion on You folks who have never done a multiplayer Dynasty...GET READY!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
You folks who have never done a multiplayer Dynasty...GET READY!!!!!

I know some folks who play NCAA have never had the pleasure of being involved in a REAL "hard core" multiplayer dynasty.

You, my friends, are in for a real treat.

I was lucky enough in college and immediately after to have a large group of friends who were just like me...die hard College football and NCAA fanatics.

The entire dynamic of the game changes. Even if you have been a part of an NCAA league, it's a totally different experience.

Think about it....

--Recruiting-Normally, you recruit whoever you feel like. You are only battlling the CPU for the recruit's allegiance. But think about this....if you have 8 other Human Coaches involved in that same pool of recruits....you have a new challenge...
Do you spend crucial points chasing after that stud running back that 3 of your buddies are also going hard after?

You are #3 on that Dual Purpose QB's favorites list, but FSU and USC are #1 and #2 and both are controlled by human players...do you quit spending points on him and go after another target? or do you keep sending the house and risk losing out on him and valuable recruiting points that could have been spent elsewhere?

It's a game within a game.

--BCS- You are playing in the SEC. One of your buddies is USC out in the Pac 10. Another is controlling West Virginia in the Big East. 2 more are at FSU and Miami in the ACC. 3 of you are undefeated...or have one loss. Suddenly, someone is in danger of missing out on a BCS or MNC bid. So your scheduling and strength of schedule becomes a huge factor as to whether or not you are on the outside looking in.

--Injuries I'm Auburn. My Tigers are now utilizing a new Spread offense where having a mobile QB is critical. Kodi Burns gets hurt in the second game of the season against Southern Miss. Suddenly....Half of my playbook becomes severely dampened in effectiveness or completely useless with no mobile QB to run the show.

Your stud DT has been the main reason your run defense is #3 in the nation. Your buddy and his West Virginia Mountaineers are coming to your house next week. Your DT blows out his knee.

Again....things you never had to worry about in league play comes into effect.

-- The "familiarity" factor There are 8 coaches in your dynasty. 3 are considered very good players, 4 are pretty good, and 1 is below average. After 4 seasons of playing and coaching against each other, the tendencies of each coach are becoming more apparent among the group. Strategies against each Coach emerge among the collective. Learning the tendencies of the game and your opponents cause the Coaches who were "elite" to drop back to the pack, and that guy who wasn't very good suddenly has gotten the hang of his passing attack and is becoming a contender. And...his last 2 recruiting classes have loaded his team with a lot of speed on both sides of the ball.

-- A "living" dynasty I'm at Auburn. It's year 6 of my dynasty. I've won a MNC and 3 SEC titles. My buddy has been laying waste to the Pac 10 for 6 years, winning 6 consecutive Pac 10 titles as the mighty USC Trojans and going to 6 straight BCS bowls with 2 National Titles.

I get a Coaching offer for 5 years from the AD at UCLA. Looking for a new challenge, I leave my alma mater and head west to try and take down the Juggernaut in that conference.

THIS.... THIS is the reason that so many of us long time NCAA fanatics are absolutely going ape sh** over a TRUE and fully customizable online DYNASTY...not league...DYNASTY.

I am so freaking pumped you have no idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: You folks who have never done a multiplayer Dynasty...GET READY!!!!!

this is why I'm so pumped for this years game. I'm basically a dynasty only player, never played online since the '04(ps2) and '05(xbox) NCAA games. i never really liked playing randoms and no purpose games. now i will be able to play dynasty with other humans(most of my friends that live near me don't play sports video games, mainly FPS, so offline multiplayer dynasties wasn't really an option).
Old 05-14-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I've never done it, but sounds like fun.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I know some folks who play NCAA have never had the pleasure of being involved in a REAL "hard core" multiplayer dynasty.

I was lucky enough in college and immediately after to have a large group of friends who were just like me...die hard College football and NCAA fanatics.

The entire dynamic of the game changes. Even if you have been a part of an NCAA league, it's a totally different experience.

Think about it....

--Recruiting-Normally, you recruit whoever you feel like. You are only battlling the CPU for the recruit's allegiance. But think about this....if you have 8 other Human Coaches involved in that same pool of recruits....you have a new challenge...
Do you spend crucial points chasing after that stud running back that 3 of your buddies are also going hard after?

You are #3 on that Dual Purpose QB's favorites list, but FSU and USC are #1 and #2 and both are controlled by human players...do you quit spending points on him and go after another target? or do you keep sending the house and risk losing out on him and valuable recruiting points that could have been spent elsewhere?

--BCS- You are playing in the SEC. One of your buddies is USC out in the Pac 10. Another is controlling West Virginia in the Big East. 2 more are at FSU and Miami in the ACC. 3 of you are undefeated...or have one loss. Suddenly, someone is in danger of missing out on a BCS or MNC bid. So your scheduling and strength of schedule becomes a huge factor as to whether or not you are on the outside looking in.

--Injuries I'm Auburn. My Tigers are now utilizing a new Spread offense where having a mobile QB is critical. Kodi Burns gets hurt in the second game of the season against Southern Miss. Suddenly....Half of my playbook becomes severely dampened in effectiveness or completely useless with no mobile QB to run the show.

Your stud DT has been the main reason your run defense is #3 in the nation. Your buddy and his West Virginia Mountaineers are coming to your house next week. Your DT blows out his knee.

-- The "familiarity" factor There are 8 coaches in your dynasty. 3 are considered very good players, 4 are pretty good, and 1 is below average. After 4 seasons of playing and coaching against each other, the tendencies of each coach are becoming more apparent among the group. Strategies against each Coach emerge among the collective. Learning the tendencies of the game and your opponents cause the Coaches who were "elite" to drop back to the pack, and that guy who wasn't very good suddenly has gotten the hang of his passing attack and is becoming a contender. And...his last 2 recruiting classes have loaded his team with a lot of speed on both sides of the ball.

-- A "living" dynasty I'm at Auburn. It's year 6 of my dynasty. I've won a MNC and 3 SEC titles. My buddy has been laying waste to the Pac 10 for 6 years, winning 6 consecutive Pac 10 titles as the mighty USC Trojans and going to 6 straight BCS bowls with 2 National Titles.

I get a Coaching offer for 5 years from the AD at UCLA. Looking for a new challenge, I leave my alma mater and head west to try and take down the Juggernaut in that conference.

THIS.... THIS is the reason that so many of us long time NCAA fanatics are absolutely going ape sh** over a TRUE and fully customizable online DYNASTY...not league...DYNASTY.

Yes sounds great if you can have all the people keep up. That will be the hardest part. Also, I thought dynasty can only last 5 years? Am I wrong?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:22 AM   #5
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

Think about it....

You got me so pumped for this man!!! I'd love to get into a serious online dynasty. Hopefully I can find one with stability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 01:07 AM   #6
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Stars
Yes sounds great if you can have all the people keep up. That will be the hardest part. Also, I thought dynasty can only last 5 years? Am I wrong?
If they dont keep up, you can give control back to the cpu. Simple solution. It's not like a league where it slows things down to a grind. You just move on. And you can do 60 years of online dynasty just like you can offline.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

That got me so pumped up! I can't wait!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Thanks AA.... like the wait isn't bad enough....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »