Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

If Noel Devine isn't a 99 agility, I don't know what is. He accelerates through his cuts for christ's sake. I've never seen anyone other than Barry Sanders do that in my life. He also isn't a 97 speed. It should be in the lower 90s. His 40 is about 4.40-4.45. Rather than 97 speed, 96 acc, 96 agility, it should be 91-99-99. He is the most agile athlete in the country, bar none.

Pat White is also off. 92 speed is too low. He is faster than Devine - a true electronically timed sub 4.4 runner (4.35 last Spring). Though I understand why they do this - a QB with 98 speed just isn't fair. His awareness at 84 is flat out laughable. 97 at least. His decision making only the fly after the snap is incredible. His passing is probably overrated just like last year though - anything higher than 84 accuracy, 90 power is too generous.

They obviously made his awareness low so that he wouldn't be a 99 - God knows nobody can be equal to Tebow, the entire state of Florida would be pissed. Thankfully, this is just the awareness rating. I will be the guy controlling him, so it's really negligible.

Also, #47 LB is taking a medical redshirt this year. I would say he shouldn't even be in the game.

If I have this many issues with 1/10th of the roster, I cringe the thought of what the whole thing will be like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #42
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

How Devine is a 90 overall, and Anthony Davis isn't even a 88 is mind boggling to me.

The same goes with Grutza 87 and Teel 88.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
How Devine is a 90 overall, and Anthony Davis isn't even a 88 is mind boggling to me.

The same goes with Grutza 87 and Teel 88.

Don't kid yourself. Noel Devine is a freak of nature gamebreaker that turned Steve Slaton into a cuckold to that fine woman that is the WVU offense. By the end of the year, that 90 is going to look underrated - bank on it.

I like Teel though. I could see rating him anywhere from 86-92.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #44
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURx
If Noel Devine isn't a 99 agility, I don't know what is. He accelerates through his cuts for christ's sake. I've never seen anyone other than Barry Sanders do that in my life. He also isn't a 97 speed. It should be in the lower 90s. His 40 is about 4.40-4.45. Rather than 97 speed, 96 acc, 96 agility, it should be 91-99-99. He is the most agile athlete in the country, bar none.

Pat White is also off. 92 speed is too low. He is faster than Devine - a true electronically timed sub 4.4 runner (4.35 last Spring). Though I understand why they do this - a QB with 98 speed just isn't fair. His awareness at 84 is flat out laughable. 97 at least. His decision making only the fly after the snap is incredible. His passing is probably overrated just like last year though - anything higher than 84 accuracy, 90 power is too generous.

They obviously made his awareness low so that he wouldn't be a 99 - God knows nobody can be equal to Tebow, the entire state of Florida would be pissed. Thankfully, this is just the awareness rating. I will be the guy controlling him, so it's really negligible.

Also, #47 LB is taking a medical redshirt this year. I would say he shouldn't even be in the game.

If I have this many issues with 1/10th of the roster, I cringe the thought of what the whole thing will be like.
Since when is Reed Williams taking a medical redshirt? and if he is, then we can just redshirt him on the game. (LB #47)

And I think once roster editors get ahold of it, then they'll change the ratings to what you use mentioned.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Since when is Reed Williams taking a medical redshirt? and if he is, then we can just redshirt him on the game. (LB #47)

And I think once roster editors get ahold of it, then they'll change the ratings to what you use mentioned.
Oh, right, for dynasty mode.....I just mean for online play. If you want to use realism and all. Actually, the whispers around campus are that Pat Lazear (aka, the dude that robbed an ice cream shop in high school ) is going to be a "reload" rather than a "rebuild" to the loss of Williams.

But Reed had shoulder surgery and isn't recovering as expected - estimates are first football not until late October at best. Which sucks....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #46
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I am not saying that Devine isn't athletically a freak, but for spot duty he shouldn't be a 90.

Anthony Davis started all but one game at RT, only gave up 2 sacks all year, made the Freshman All America team, is on the Outland Award watch list, the only Sophomore to boot, and he isn't even in the upper 80s.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #47
Rookie

Don't get too mad about it, EA always screws the ratings up. And Devine most certainly should be a 90. When Slaton got injured in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma early in the first, he carried the load the entire game and ripped it up. I can't wait to see him as the feature back for an entire season.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #48
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

All I got to say is Thank God for DKrause1971!!....He's the man and will have this clusterF**** that EA puts out in order

FSU ratings are just ffing rediculous

And I agree White and Devine should be a tad higher

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »