Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Player Rating Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Player Rating Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #41
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Player Rating Screenshots

The University of Utah finished with the #1 pass effeciency defense, as well as finished in the top 20 in overall defense, yet we are rated a 69 on defense. My biggest gripe is our K/P #35 Louie Sakoda being rated a 84 overall, ok Louie Sakoda WAS AN ALL AMERICAN LAST YEAR, he is not a prospective All-American this year, like the other kickers/punters rated 94/95 in the game, HE MADE 3 ALL AMERICAN TEAMS LAST YEAR!!! Both as a Kicker and a Punter, I just dont get how they can rate him a 84 overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 12:49 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 11

colt's down a couple points from a 92 to 89 seems about right, i can't wait to play with john chiles though....
Old 05-15-2008, 05:56 AM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
The University of Utah finished with the #1 pass effeciency defense, as well as finished in the top 20 in overall defense, yet we are rated a 69 on defense.
I have no clue who plays on defense at the University of Utah or who comes back (or who left). But finishing in the Top 20 in defense while playing in the Mountain West conference is hardly worth hanging your hat on. Team rankings in college football are almost meaningless because of strength of schedule.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #44
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
Haha, I try to avoid this board as much as possible from May-July just so I don't get the urge to say anything too picky or foolish cause its all not the final build. But I just know they aren't going to change anything for Kent because they don't care too much about the MAC schools, and that's why I rely on Fairdale and dkrause
Same, when the ratings come out it gets even more crazy."blah blah blah should not be rated a 90, what are you thinking EA?"
Old 05-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 6
Icon13 Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Player Rating Screenshots

Are these ratings set in stone? Or will they change because this is just a beta version? Because after looking at a few ratings pages,namely Colorado and Kansas,these ratings are all screwed up. They have Maurice Lucas (le #91) as Colorado's best player? That's absurd. He should be rated maybe no higher than 80-82. George Hypolite (dt #86) was an all conference player and arguably Colorado's best player and gets a rating of 85? I swear he was higher than that in last years version...and imo should be at least a 90-92. Cody Hawkins was an 83 in last yrs game yet he isnt at least over an 85? Pfft. But the one that REALLY makes me laugh is Colorado's rb #20 Brian Lockridge...he's a 5'7 175 scatback who's fast as hell...they gave him a 90 spd rating,which isn't too bad but i'd think should be a notch or two higher. But the funniest thing about his ratings is the 85 break tackle. WTF? Rediculous.

I'm a Colorado fan not Kansas,but going off these ratings the Jayhawks are getting ROBBED. They went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl yet they're given a 77 overall team rating? LOL. Thank god we can edit player attributes.

Sorry for the rant-i realize there's 119 teams with 85 players but EA really needs to pay better attention to this...at least look at last years stats and judge player ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

EA said they are still changing the rosters and ratings over time before release. Nobody knows what ratings will remain the same in the final version.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
EA said they are still changing the rosters and ratings over time before release. Nobody knows what ratings will remain the same in the final version.

Cool. Normally EA's ratings are fairly accurate and i could never expect them to have every single players rating perfect,but some of these are downright bad.

One other thing-congrats FSU fans. Because after a 7-6 season,there must be a FSU fan/grad working in EAs ratings dept. Man they made them one of the best teams in the entire game.

Last edited by Luca Brasi; 05-15-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know if this guy is taking requests.....but I'd like to know #44 LB for Clemson.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »