Home

Has anyone found out if there will be decorated endzones in bowl games?

This is a discussion on Has anyone found out if there will be decorated endzones in bowl games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Has anyone found out if there will be decorated endzones in bowl games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Agreed. But even if they did ask them would we get an honest answer? Possible answers we'd get...
  • We just didn't have enough time
  • We had a lot of things we wanted to get done
  • We really tried to nail [insert new feature/mode here] this year so the team really focused in on that"
  • This year we just wanted to get that feel back. We wanted to make sure the controls were just right.
Hey maybe those are honest answers. They're just hard to believe when they're repeated time and time again.
LOL. The answer we'd get is definitely one of the above and it's getting really old. EA giving the same cut-and-paste answers every year is one of the main reasons they have lost "the benefit of the doubt" with many of us. IMO, they screwed up from the beginning by releasing these games w/o every single option and feature that was available in previous generation.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #18
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

OVR: 5

There is a real easy way to do this.

Each end zone would have two color block text (same font for all schools) background would drop out to grass/turf.

1 Create one template with the same block type face.

2 Type out each school name adding the proper colors.

3 Each texture would be saved out with thier own number so the programmers can code the game so it will drop in the proper texture in for each team.

I do not know how long it would take to code, but the graphics part would take a day.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #19
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I can not believe this isn't in. What a joke.

What's the fun in even playing in a bowl game? It feels like nothing more than an exhibition. This stuff was on the xbox version in 2003 but five years later we can't have it?
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 05-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Yep yep yep. Don't rely on 'insiders' for any real info or to ask basic questions that most people want to hear asked.
I have to stand up here for some guys like pasta, in their defense they usually DO ask stuff like this but EA uses their typical doublespeak and/or vague promises they will "try" to get it in the final build or "we'll see" or else they simply change the subject to avoid answering. As an online player i've come to expect nothing.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #21
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
There is a real easy way to do this.

Each end zone would have two color block text (same font for all schools) background would drop out to grass/turf.

1 Create one template with the same block type face.

2 Type out each school name adding the proper colors.

3 Each texture would be saved out with thier own number so the programmers can code the game so it will drop in the proper texture in for each team.

I do not know how long it would take to code, but the graphics part would take a day.
You sound as if you know how to write video games. Why don't make games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #22
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Remember the good old days when not only bowl games had decorated end zones but ALSO the bowl games patch on the player jerseys?

Man...Those were the days.
Ahhh Yesss...the good ol' days. I think this goes along the lines that everybody keeps talking about me included when we say we want "Atmosphere" it's the little things that makes atmosphere for us like it's been said a million times over again we want alternate uniforms for every school that has them, authentic stadiums for every school, small crowds for smaller schools and fans leaving in blowouts then sellouts in big games, team art in the end zones in bowl games, bowl patches, Pre-game shows, team entrances it's stuff like this that makes college football, not freaking cheerleader cutscenes after ever play or "Wide Open Gameplay" all that sounds like to me is scores in the 70's and a half a&% way of getting more of the general public playing and the hell with the hard core college football purest like us but then again that's who they make this game for so I'm really not to shocked. All the complaining aside since we wont get those things until NCAA 2015 as long as the sliders work and there aren't 9 picks a game I guess I'll make the best out of it hell I'm still playing 08' as we speak so if I can make that fun I can make anything fun.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I also like the endzone art of previous versions. It really adds to the atmosphere. The big empty space in the endzone's of '08 feels so incomplete.

This is one of my problems with EA. They used to be so good at capturing the details and nuances of the sport. I remember playing '03 in the summer of 2002. When I played in my first bowl game, I couldn't believe that the players had patches on the jerseys....it was awesome. Now they seem to focus on mini-games, big man on campus mode and the music trax.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #24
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon10 Re: Has anyone found out if there will be decorated endzones in bowl games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
You sound as if you know how to write video games. Why don't make games?
WOW! Grief from a fellow Buckeye!

I have never had the opportunity to write code. What I do know about it have learned from reading and from friends who do know.

I can speak about creating graphics and textures since have I have been getting paid to do so for over 20 years now. Ouch! That's a long time. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that once a simple template was created, you could create the end zone art quite simply.

Not trying to be a *****. Just offering suggestions.

GO BUCKS! "Class of 87"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »