Home

NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #49
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN

Watch the play before the strip where the guy calls HB gut to the left. The DT defeats the C and is there so the guy cuts back right, the LB who has TE coverage breaks off and flies into the cutback lane for the tackle. Then watch the whole next play in slow mo. The CB defeats the WR block and comes in from the side causing the fumble which goes to the RG. The funny thing is the guy didn't hit the hole which caused all of the D to break blocks and pursue him. Nice thing to see the D follow him, not the old Me and the OL lineman slow dance.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 05-16-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #50
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
For those of you who think that pitch screw up play is unrealistic.

&ampnbsp
It wasn't a pitch. The CB caused a fumble which just happened to go forward to the RG. You guys are blind! Of course it IS 1:57 A.M.! LOL

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 05-16-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #51
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Watch the RT on the CB-caused fumble. He loses contain because the guy doesn't hit the hole, but still keeps going and ends up blocking both the LB in pursuit and the CB who caused the fumble before the end of the play. Good stuff! And the RB who fumbled appears to get back into the action too.....Nope it was the TE blocking the backside of the play along with the RT while the RG advanced the fumble. Can you do that? It's late and I'm tired.......

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 05-16-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 02:22 AM   #52
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: full drive video BYU vs BC on IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Huh? You need to watch download the vid and watch it like I did. The DE play is a lot better. And the LB's are filling holes better than I've ever seen in an EA title
Your right. I needed to see it up close. I have to take back some of what I said. I saw a few things:

@ 1:17, a blitzing LB on the left makes a nice outside move. And the action is good across most of the line on that play.

@ 1:37 there's a cross block by the LG & LT. Nice! Not sure why they did it, but that shows some potential AI for something else I've been wanting to see... trap plays where a playside lineman leaves a d-lineman free to be trapped. That was good coordination between them.

But I want to see these things more consistently & frequently. I want to see quicker 4-3 DEs & DTs consistently attempting to stay disengaged from o-linemen, making moves to the inside & outside. I want to see power rushers consistently trying to stay disengaged, attempting to rip & swim. And I want to see some mobility with the engaged blocks. I don't remember any runs CALLED to the outside, but I want to see engaged linemen flowing towards outside runs.

But yeah, that looked much better then anything I've seen from them previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
And the tackle at 3:30 is great-looking, but is the result of terrible blocking!
Yeah, that looked like a counter play to the left that never quite countered. Hey, if it's in the game...
Old 05-16-2008, 02:35 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Are they trying to make me not want to buy this game?????....no thanks EA, I already have NCAA football 07!!!!!!(which looks exactly the same)
I feel the same as you do. This game looks exactly like 07. If I had not been told I would have thought it was 07. Peace!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #54
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Your right. I needed to see it up close. I have to take back some of what I said. I saw a few things:

@ 1:17, a blitzing LB on the left makes a nice outside move. And the action is good across most of the line on that play.

@ 1:37 there's a cross block by the LG & LT. Nice! Not sure why they did it, but that shows some potential AI for something else I've been wanting to see... trap plays where a playside lineman leaves a d-lineman free to be trapped. That was good coordination between them.

But I want to see these things more consistently & frequently. I want to see quicker 4-3 DEs & DTs consistently attempting to stay disengaged from o-linemen, making moves to the inside & outside. I want to see power rushers consistently trying to stay disengaged, attempting to rip & swim. And I want to see some mobility with the engaged blocks. I don't remember any runs CALLED to the outside, but I want to see engaged linemen flowing towards outside runs.

But yeah, that looked much better then anything I've seen from them previously.

Yeah, that looked like a counter play to the left that never quite countered. Hey, if it's in the game...
But he called HB dive, thats why the blocking is so messed up. And the lineman fired left before the Defense even began to move. It's like the O-line was reacting to the defensive formation instead of focusing on the called blocking scheme and reacting to the defenses movement. I did see a nice run with a pulling guard who actually got out in front of the play and hit the point of attack before the RB. (first run)Nice. That run at 1:37 is the C and LG trapping. But look at the Defensive End on that play, he takes an outside angle and gets the RT going out and then comes back inside to make the tackle. Nice.... Of course the RT goes stupid after he's beaten and goes to the second level instead of falling on the back of the DE and trying to break his spine! Still a lot of these plays have the "little things" that actually make football FOOTBALL! Oh God! I'm turning into Dan Dierdorf!

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 05-16-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:46 AM   #55
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
I feel the same as you do. This game looks exactly like 07. If I had not been told I would have thought it was 07. Peace!!!!
07 on the 360? Do you guys mean 08? I don't think it looks anything like 07. Neither did 08, for that matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 03:00 AM   #56
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

One last thing. I like how the QB threw to a spot on his TD instead of to the receiver who was still covered and the receiver went to get the ball. I don't remember that before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »