Home

EA Sports-Custom Stadium Sounds blog

This is a discussion on EA Sports-Custom Stadium Sounds blog within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:56 AM   #17
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: EA Sports-Custom Stadium Sounds blog

I'm also curious as to how good they're gonna sound. Like, will there be any kind of effect to make them sound authentic, or is it pretty much just gonna be what is it: playing an mp3 during the game?

Also, guy says: "When teams travel to a neutral site they don't bring their public address system sounds with them as the stadium needs to stay unbiased. The stadium's audio atmosphere will come from the teams' band and fans in attendance."

But later says: "The purists out there will gather all of their team's marching band anthems and other songs in an effort to mirror their favorite team's actual playlist."

So, which is it? I don't know about anyone else, but if I use this feature at all it will be to get in stuff for the band to play, not "music" per se. So it will kinda suck if the stuff I put in won't play during road or neutral site games. It's like we're back to 2003 or whenever when the bands didn't go to road games.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #18
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
One key difference - the music in MLB is meant to sound like it's playing over the stadium PA system. It's supposed to sound pre-recorded. That's not the effect you would want in NCAA, especially if like me you're going to be adding missing fight songs, chants and other band sounds. Those sort of audio files should sound live, not canned.
Good call. I already have a few OSU clips from a game at MSU and a pep rally and they both sound pretty amped up with the crowd noise and all.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
'bout damn time!

I really hope the audio has that "echo" as if it is coming through a speaker, rather than from the PS3 directly.
I don't want an echo as the default. For band music which is what I plan to use there shouldn't be an echo. An echo option would be nice but by default the file should just play exactly how you have it on your 360 IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »