Home

EA Sports and the Lack of concern for Small Schools

This is a discussion on EA Sports and the Lack of concern for Small Schools within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #9
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: EA Sports and the Lack of concern for Small Schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
no team has more than 2 alternates(unless more get added to the final build).

as for the stadiums, its pointless to compare the xbox/ps2 to the 360/ps3. the 360/ps3 stadiums had to be built from scratch(as did the game itself) and the stadiums have tons more polygons, textures, and surrounding details to them compared to the xbox/ps2 counterparts. of the 120 team stadiums and all the bowl stadiums that there are, there are only 18 that are generic. it does take time to remake those features from the xbox/ps2 put into the 360/ps3 version, its not just copy and paste the features.

the truth is, it take a lot more money, man power and time to make video games now than it used too with the higher powered consoles.

as for them paying more attention to the bigger schools, well you answered your own question. the bigger % of people will use or is a fan of the bigger schools, makes more sense business wise to do that.

with that said, i do agree that the smaller schools seem to get the shaft, and it does hurt the college experience some. but theres not a lot that can be done.
Yes it takes time, but it has been THREE years. That's plenty of time but EA doesn't want to take it. I agree and I stated I knew why. I made my post because it is frustrating. I know my team's expansion won't be there. As far as no team having more than 2 alternates, they should each have one until they get them all right. It is insulting to have some that have multiples (2 is multiples) and others getting none.

I compare the current gen to last gen to make the point we pay more for less. Does it cost more to make a game? Sure. But since I too have to PAY more for the game the least they can do is their own research and homework.

As far as the schools not going their own work in getting info to EA I can go with that. But some of the stuff that's not here now, was there before AND HAS BEEN THERE IN THE PAST. That's the upsetting part.

In the 07 version, they had the default uniforms right for Southern Miss and then added the alternates when they had the download. So they've even had them in next (current) gen. So it is lazy. And yes I agree we're gonna have to live with it. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Thanks for your feedback though. I do enjoy having these types of discussions.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
No ****?

You want EA to care about small schools? Have a few top 15 seasons, sell out an 80,000 person stadium, and have your fanbase buy the game.
Good to see a troll on this thread. Some of us are trying to have a smart talk about this. I thought we might avoid people like this after the first few posts.

So you can post your comments, but I'm gald to see most are more mature than you. How about EA live up to its own moto? how about that.

As far has why I believe Southern Miss deserves a little respect. We've won four conference titles, 14 straight winning seasons, been to a bowl 10 out of the last 11 years.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get highjacked by the likes of the brainless and we can have a true talk about this topic.

Last edited by thescoop; 05-26-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I understand your issue, but at the same time, your expansion wasn't finished yet when they were preparing to model.

BHNS wasn't ready until almost gameday this past season and thats why UCF had a generic in 08. This past year the day before the first Tulsa game we had, EA came out to measure and take pictures of the stadium. This was in October. They've gotta have it completed to make it work.

Now it may be different for southern miss since Tiburon isn't down the street from you and there probably aren't a bunch of USM grads working there as there are UCF grads working for them. I still don't know why Tulsa isn't in there, its taken forever. Then again they have been renovating their stadium this year. They may have it updated next year too. We'll see.

Anyways this post was just to explain a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

yes it has been 3 years. most games in this generation(that are not annual releases) have a 2-6 year developing cycle, which is why we are now just seeing great games coming out. I'm not giving them a pass, just saying games are not made overnight. the developers that also do PC games have had a huge advantage in the current gen consoles(since they are basically a PC). thats why games like Oblivion which came out near launch for 360 was great for its time and still is one of the better 360 games(whether you like those types of games or not).

as for the jerseys in '08, the guys in charge of the uniforms must have taken most the year off, as there were alot of jersey mistakes in '08.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #13
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbreath
I understand your issue, but at the same time, your expansion wasn't finished yet when they were preparing to model.

BHNS wasn't ready until almost gameday this past season and thats why UCF had a generic in 08. This past year the day before the first Tulsa game we had, EA came out to measure and take pictures of the stadium. This was in October. They've gotta have it completed to make it work.

Now it may be different for southern miss since Tiburon isn't down the street from you and there probably aren't a bunch of USM grads working there as there are UCF grads working for them. I still don't know why Tulsa isn't in there, its taken forever. Then again they have been renovating their stadium this year. They may have it updated next year too. We'll see.

Anyways this post was just to explain a little bit.
No, you missed the point. I was pretty sure our expansion wasn't going to be in there. Just hopefully. That isn't he issue. Finding out that our default uniforms is being left out again is the bigger issue for me. No alternate, that should be our default anyway is the issue. The Tulsa issue is bothersome to me too, but that at least makes a little sense, but still.

The good news with you UCF guys working on the game maybe our conference will get some much needed love next year. Thanks for pointing that out to me cause there is hope that the uniforms and the expansion will be added for next year.

Thanks for your post though. I really respect you guys at UCF and I'm glad to have you guys in the conference. Thinking of making the trip to check out your new stadium this year too. Good luck to you guys. With us breaking in a new coach and new offense, it could be tough year for us.

I have to say, UCF=pure class. I really love your school and just class programs.

Last edited by thescoop; 05-26-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Question-USM has a new coaching staff. Isn't it possible that the all-blacks are the new default uni?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #15
MVP

thescoop's Arena

No....in the spring game the uniforms where the black and gold. There is rumor of a Gold top with black bottoms, but that is just a rumor at this point.

They did the samething last year making the all black our default. It maybe possible, but I'm guessing unlikely.

Congrats on you guys winning the C-USA baseball tournament. I really thought we were gonna take it, but you guys deserve it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

It PAINS me that App. St. is left out yet again. As for the argument that EA should only care about the larger schools that is total BS. Loads of people here buy NCAA and college football fans everywhere, no matter what school or division, buy NCAA. You don't have to be from a powerhouse school to be a major college football fan. Trust me EA gets just as many sales from the many mid-major/smaller schools as they do from the big time schools, and it pisses a lot of people off that EA shows no respect to their school because in the grand scheme of college football their school is not very important. Thats great but its important to the alumni/fans/students of that school that they be represented in the best way possible. I personally used to buy NCAA yearly, and haven't for the past 2 years because I'm tired of the blatant disrespect from EA. They couldn't care less and aren't afraid to let people know by the way certain teams are represented in the game. Anytime I get into a conversation about NCAA football with fellow FCS fans, they practically always say they have no interest or care whatsoever to purchase another NCAA game until the FCS and their team is shown some respect.

Last edited by thmst30; 05-26-2008 at 10:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »