Home

Completely bored of all video games...Bring on 09!

This is a discussion on Completely bored of all video games...Bring on 09! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #25
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Completely bored of all video games...Bring on 09!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Are we on each others friends lists Sage?
On what?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
On what?
I'm Catch22 on 360.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I found NFL 2k5 for 3 bucks, now I'm just waiting for the xport to come in the mail. Should kill some time and give me a hell of a back-up game if Madden is a letdown.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 AM   #28
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm enjoying my A's franchise in The Show right now, I beat GTA IV a few weeks ago, but I'm starting to get a little bit anxious for NCAA.

College football is always my favorite sport and that combined with the fact that because of there only being a relatively small number of games per season you can really progress fairly quicky (compared to other games) in dynasty mode, and the high roster turnover and development of new recruits always locks me in.
How far are you into the show? I've gotten 55 games into the season I quit because it was too unrealistic. I was 50-5 with the Dodgers on HOF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
If I can make it til Top Spin 3 comes out, I'll be good
Is Top Spin a microsoft exclusive game?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #29
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm still playing my dynasty on '08. that will keep me busy till '09 come out.
+1

Old 05-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
How far are you into the show? I've gotten 55 games into the season I quit because it was too unrealistic. I was 50-5 with the Dodgers on HOF.
I find that that's always a problem with sports that have very long seasons. I'm not much of a baseball fan but most years I can't get through a full NHL season because it gets too easy before I get to the end and winning like 9 out of every 10 games just gets you really far ahead of everyone in the standings. At least with football and college basketball short seasons and single elimination postseasons keep every loss somewhat important and meaningful.

In NHL 08 this year I actually finished a year having to go on a tear late in the year to secure a playoff spot and I lost the in the finals so that was a nice surprise. Unfortunately, when I started season 2 it had indeed become too easy so I sold the game.

I am now turning to CH2K8 which should hold me over nicely. My basketball knowledge is too limited for the game to become too easy for me and the aforementionned short seasons keep things interesting.

I'll also give NASCAR 09 a shot although I haven't liked any of the NASCAR games since 2005 but I always try them since I figure they might make another enjoyable one at some point. If this doesn't pan out I might give Grid a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Is Top Spin a microsoft exclusive game?
No it comes out on both systems.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #31
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm enjoying my A's franchise in The Show right now
screw you!!!
I was looking forward to a baseball game, but am not going to spend $60 for that 2k joke on the 360.
They're changing to nhl 2k's studio next year so I can hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #32
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I find that that's always a problem with sports that have very long seasons. I'm not much of a baseball fan but most years I can't get through a full NHL season because it gets too easy before I get to the end and winning like 9 out of every 10 games just gets you really far ahead of everyone in the standings. At least with football and college basketball short seasons and single elimination postseasons keep every loss somewhat important and meaningful.

In NHL 08 this year I actually finished a year having to go on a tear late in the year to secure a playoff spot and I lost the in the finals so that was a nice surprise. Unfortunately, when I started season 2 it had indeed become too easy so I sold the game.

I am now turning to CH2K8 which should hold me over nicely. My basketball knowledge is too limited for the game to become too easy for me and the aforementionned short seasons keep things interesting.

I'll also give NASCAR 09 a shot although I haven't liked any of the NASCAR games since 2005 but I always try them since I figure they might make another enjoyable one at some point. If this doesn't pan out I might give Grid a look.

No it comes out on both systems.
Yeah I'm starting over in The Show with Cleveland so I'll see how this works out. I have CH2k8 but I began to master that a little also. I didnt go undefeated but it got a little silly after a while. I may give it another shot though. Im gonna go to gamestop and check out Top Spin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »