Home

Mississippi State To Low

This is a discussion on Mississippi State To Low within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #65
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Mississippi State To Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I wasn't trying to start an arguement. I've said from the start that State's D and Overall was too low, the same with Pegues' speed and Dixon's rating. I have Lindy's and Athlon but I don't hinge on every word they write. Do you think they were smart enough last year to predict State would go to a bowl game? Nope. I think they're off on Ole Miss as well. Throwing a fit about it won't do any good. Realistically, State could very well go 0-8 in the SEC this year and they have one of the easiest conference schedules. One thing I can tell you about these pre-season magazines, the higher they pick State, the lower State finishes.

I don't follow those magazines. All they are is predictions that are no different from mine. You never know what a team will do. Same went for our 2003 season. They had us finishing like 5th in the West with maybe 6wins. So magazines don't really do anything for me...just something to give you a little football fix before the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #66
Rookie

wde1723's Arena

OVR: 4

I will admit Mississippi State is a little low on defense...but offense....um no. Yes State beat us (Auburn) last year but it was not so much State beating us as us beating ourselves. In my opinion I think State is a one and done meaning last year you were good but this year you will be right back at the bottom. Ole Miss is rated high but they have alot of talent, Coach "O" recruited well just couldn't coach them.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #67
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wde1723
I will admit Mississippi State is a little low on defense...but offense....um no. Yes State beat us (Auburn) last year but it was not so much State beating us as us beating ourselves. In my opinion I think State is a one and done meaning last year you were good but this year you will be right back at the bottom. Ole Miss is rated high but they have alot of talent, Coach "O" recruited well just couldn't coach them.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I was telling AuburnAlumni, I think it was, that State beat AU, Bama, KY, and Ole Miss and they were giftwrapped games. State has the worst offense I've ever seen and that includes Spurlock led Ole Miss offenses. They did have a good defense but lost their heart and soul in Brown. The secondary wouldn't have made the plays the did had Brown not wreaked havoc in the backfield.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #68
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wde1723
I think anyone who underestimates Croom and Miss. State this year is going to be in for a shock.

That's a solid, well disciplined squad with a strong, physical running game and a very good defense.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #69
Rookie

uscballa's Arena

OVR: 2

Mississippi State guy. You think Ellis Johnson will have lots of success at South Carolina?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #70
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I think anyone who underestimates Croom and Miss. State this year is going to be in for a shock.

That's a solid, well disciplined squad with a strong, physical running game and a very good defense.
Yep...Alabama got egg on their face passing on Croom considering Shula got the job. Oh well just another in a long series of mistakes.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #71
Rookie

wde1723's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

I will say it is hard to root against Croom tough disciplinarian nice story and all, but honestly i think the best they will do is 6 games if they are lucky like last year. Do you seriously see them winning anymore?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #72
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't like Croom. I think he is a crook. Yes he is a good coach, but he is a dirty recruiter. Like I was reading that he is telling all his recruits that MSU is the only school in MS to offer a 4 Year Scholarship....which is totally bogus. There is no such thing as a 4 year Scholarship. The boy he told that to would sign the papers to go to State only to find out that it won't be a "4 Year Scholarship"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »