Home

Am I crazy? A simple yes or no will do...

This is a discussion on Am I crazy? A simple yes or no will do... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Am I crazy? A simple yes or no will do...

I think it may be the guys in between gf or wives that should be out pitching woo.

If you a in a long term relationship, then you NEED a hobby, and gaming is as good and safe as any.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #10
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998

I think it may be the guys in between gf or wives that should be out pitching woo.

If you a in a long term relationship, then you NEED a hobby, and gaming is as good and safe as any.
Bingo. It gives me something to do, while the lady is at work. Gives me something to do other than yard work, clean the car or watch TV.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #11
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I'm happily married with a 7-year old child (who shares the same love for video games as myself) and another baby on the way. I don't know the original posters situation but there is nothing wrong with a person having a hobby they enjoy doing in their spare time.

Right there with 'ya man. I'm happily married with a 21-month old. We don't have the 2 AM feedings anymore, but NCAA 07 sure made them a lot easier because once she learned to hold the bottle on her own, I'd churn out a dynasty game while she was drinking the bottle down. Made getting up in the middle of the night a little more bearable. This past football season she'd sit in my lap with me and watch the games. I think she likes the bright colors of the uniforms/helmets and when I cheer she claps her hands. She does the same with baseball now.

Plus, I'm just a night-owl and the wife is not, so I'll play a game or two once she and the kiddo are asleep and then I climb in about midnight, although having to be at work by 8:30 makes me limit my playing sometimes to just Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #12

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFootballFreak
Right there with 'ya man. I'm happily married with a 21-month old. We don't have the 2 AM feedings anymore, but NCAA 07 sure made them a lot easier because once she learned to hold the bottle on her own, I'd churn out a dynasty game while she was drinking the bottle down. Made getting up in the middle of the night a little more bearable. This past football season she'd sit in my lap with me and watch the games. I think she likes the bright colors of the uniforms/helmets and when I cheer she claps her hands. She does the same with baseball now.

Plus, I'm just a night-owl and the wife is not, so I'll play a game or two once she and the kiddo are asleep and then I climb in about midnight, although having to be at work by 8:30 makes me limit my playing sometimes to just Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
I definitely am in the same boat. I MAYBE get one game in during the week and about two games on the weekend. Its a fun, inexpensive thing to do and my oldest actually plays dynasty games with me in co-op mode.

Every relationship needs alone time and while the wifey is in our room reading a book, watching What Not to Wear marathons, or So You Think You Can Dance (god I hate that show), me and little man fire up the PS2 and get a game in.

Right now I am feenin' for any kind of football I can get since we are in the dead period of real football season so small projects like these help make the lull a lot easier to bear.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #13
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Same here. I usually get my gaming fix after the wife, and baby hit the sack.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #14
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

dang, this guy is crazy
Old 05-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I'm happily married with a 7-year old child (who shares the same love for video games as myself) and another baby on the way. I don't know the original posters situation but there is nothing wrong with a person having a hobby they enjoy doing in their spare time.
I am happily married as well, with an 8-year old boy (who shares my love of sports). There is nothing like waking up Saturday morning to enjoy a little league game that he is in. I look at Football video games (NCAA Football 2009 & Madden 2009) as a hobby as well.

As far as the roster editing, I don't alter many stats either. My reasoning for starting to input real names onto excel work sheets that correspond to the roster beta pages is that hopefully it will lessen the time it takes to edit the rosters once the game comes out. Hopefully.

Does anyone know if you will be able to create recruiting prospects for online dynasties?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #16

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawkins20
I am happily married as well, with an 8-year old boy (who shares my love of sports). There is nothing like waking up Saturday morning to enjoy a little league game that he is in. I look at Football video games (NCAA Football 2009 & Madden 2009) as a hobby as well.
My little one starts little league next year (8-years old is the minimal in my city)...I cant wait to see how the knowledge he has picked up will translate in a team game on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »