Home

Anyone plan on buying the PS2 version of 09?

This is a discussion on Anyone plan on buying the PS2 version of 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Anyone plan on buying the PS2 version of 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSHog
My PS2 is reserved strictly for playing NCAAF 04 at this point. Does anyone else think that was the pinnacle for the series?
Was that the one with Palmer on the cover? I played that one probably more than any other one. My buddy used to come over every Saturday about 10 or 11 and we would watch Gameday and then games for about 12 hours straight while playing that one. I couldn't even begin to tell you the number of dynasties we ran through. That used to drive my wife nuts, but she never complained too much. It was kind of an unwritten rule that if anything around the house needed done, Saturday was off limits unless it took place before 10 that morning and rest assured that pizza was going to be our dinner on those days. LOL Ah.......good times. That was before my buddy got married and his wife put an end to those days.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I have a PS3, 360, and PS2 and I'll probably end up with the game for the PS2, as well as the PS3. Although I enjoyed a lot of things in last year's PS3 version, I found myself playing more of the PS2 version. I really enjoyed the PS2 dynasty much more for the simple fact that it wasn't near as time consuming and I could play multiple dynasties much easier on there. I also like using 1-AA (or FCS) teams and trying to build them into 1-A powers.

Just wondering how many others that have a PS3 will still buy this for the PS2?
With the (Finally) addition of co-op I'll no longer be purchasing PS2 versions of the game in addition to 360 version. The leagues I've played on 360 have been great and now with the online dynasty plus LIVE I'll be very happy. I just hope the couple "maybe" issues will be addressed soon after release.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Was that the one with Palmer on the cover?

It was. That was a good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
Rookie

padman59's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm still undecided between PS2 and 360 at this point. I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach this year and weigh them against each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
If they fix the pursuit angle bug and a couple of other things, then I will pick it up. Prepare for the big game and other features sound like they would be a lot of fun.
This is a big issue with me as well, but I read that the pursuit angles were supposed to be fixed this year. So we'll see when the game comes out.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #13
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

OVR: 8

I was only going to pick it up for 360, but if I'm underwhelmed by the 360 version, I'll give the PS2 a look. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #14
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
With the (Finally) addition of co-op I'll no longer be purchasing PS2 versions of the game in addition to 360 version. The leagues I've played on 360 have been great and now with the online dynasty plus LIVE I'll be very happy. I just hope the couple "maybe" issues will be addressed soon after release.
One thing that still bothers me with this series on next generation consoles is that they still can't get all the freakin' stadiums in the game, including some bowl game stadiums. That's just mind boggling to me considering that they've had plenty of time to incorporate this and the ability to do it. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they would throw a generic one on there that closely resembles the stadium, just something to differentiate them. I hate the generic stadium they use that looks the same for all the teams that use it. I'm not sure if it's even on this year's game or not but can someone tell me the importance of the mascot game that's wasting space?

I haven't seen much info on the PS2 version yet. Any new features been added or have they changed dynasty mode in any way?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
One thing that still bothers me with this series on next generation consoles is that they still can't get all the freakin' stadiums in the game, including some bowl game stadiums. That's just mind boggling to me considering that they've had plenty of time to incorporate this and the ability to do it. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they would throw a generic one on there that closely resembles the stadium, just something to differentiate them. I hate the generic stadium they use that looks the same for all the teams that use it. I'm not sure if it's even on this year's game or not but can someone tell me the importance of the mascot game that's wasting space?

I haven't seen much info on the PS2 version yet. Any new features been added or have they changed dynasty mode in any way?
Dude cut them some slack, OMT already said the guy they have working on it is stretched to the max. I don't know how you can expect one person to do all of those stadiums honestly. I'm amazed they were able to get as many in as they did considering the circumstances.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #16
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Dude cut them some slack, OMT already said the guy they have working on it is stretched to the max. I don't know how you can expect one person to do all of those stadiums honestly. I'm amazed they were able to get as many in as they did considering the circumstances.
Not to disrespect you or your opinion in any way, but I think that EA makes enough money to hire a sufficient amount of people to work on this game. Asking for the all the stadiums on the 3rd year of existence for this game on next generation isn't asking all that much. How bout they take the people that work on the mascot game and utilize them in better ways to give us gamers what we're looking for. If they want to make a mascot game, they should focus on the Wii and make a nice little kid game out of it because I don't know of too many adults or teens for that matter that are intersted in how cool it is to see Bevo do a somersault after being hit by Brutus. If they want to advertise home crowd advantage and atmosphere, shouldn't they include home fields?

Last edited by crques; 06-04-2008 at 04:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »