Home

Is 09 really 08?

This is a discussion on Is 09 really 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Is 09 really 08?

I am not here to bash the game, but I honestly don't see anything new in the clips. The presentation is exactly the same, the animations are almost the same, the commentary is exactly the same. I guess online play and some other tweaks to actual gameplay makes it a "new" game, but it's nothing I've seen to get excited about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Is 09 really 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
I am not here to bash the game, but I honestly don't see anything new in the clips. The presentation is exactly the same, the animations are almost the same, the commentary is exactly the same. I guess online play and some other tweaks to actual gameplay makes it a "new" game, but it's nothing I've seen to get excited about.
yea new gameplay would make it a new game. And I am pretty excited about it
Old 05-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
IMO the game looks nothing like 08, but everyone has their opinion
Old 05-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
you must not have played '08(or '07 on 360) that much.

the Commentary is basically the same, yes. i have heard a few lines that are new, nothing huge different.

the Presentation, yes, basically the same. really only thing i see changed in presentation is overlays.

Animations? they are better than '08. a lot smoother.
Graphics are better, like the player models and field texture, not to mention the snow games are actually playable this year('08 the snow was just a white solid color blanket).

there are other features that were added as well.

theres not a whole lot you can get out of videos though, need to actually play the game.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Rookie

twisted88's Arena

OVR: 5

Short answer to your question.....NO it's not 08!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm still playing my dynasty in '08. I guess, was hoping they would add the team intros, etc., so i could end my current dynasty with the Canes. lol
Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

custom soundtracks and online dynasty are enough to make it a buy for me
Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #8
Rookie

twisted88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm still playing my dynasty in '08. I guess, was hoping they would add the team intros, etc., so i could end my current dynasty with the Canes. lol
I think we've all been wishing they would bring back team intros. It's usually the same answer, 'Maybe next year'. I loved to see the Canes storm the field through the smoke!!!

But intros aside, all the gameplay videos I've seen and what we've read from Steve, this year's version is a far cry from last years. My fingers are still crossed this is the year NCAA gets back to form!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »