Home

Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

This is a discussion on Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 03:09 AM   #9
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

Yeah, that's a pretty big OUCH. The DL moves were pretty weak last year, too, so it's really not surprising at all, and it makes me wonder how they'd even fix it at this stage since they haven't exactly gotten it right in the first place yet. It's one thing to fix the INT issue since the solution is just have the DBs have stone-hands, but what's the fix for this when the DL hasn't been very effective at all since last-gen? Seems more like an engine problem than a ratings or slider problem.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:15 AM   #10
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Yeah, that's a pretty big OUCH. The DL moves were pretty weak last year, too, so it's really not surprising at all, and it makes me wonder how they'd even fix it at this stage since they haven't exactly gotten it right in the first place yet. It's one thing to fix the INT issue since the solution is just have the DBs have stone-hands, but what's the fix for this when the DL hasn't been very effective at all since last-gen? Seems more like an engine problem than a ratings or slider problem.
I never had issues with 08 as far as pass rush goes. Hell..Kodiak had 11 sacks against me using his Noles one game.

I always get good pressure with Auburn, etc.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems, but the Community guys seem to really be harping on it...no pass rush, no pass rush, no pass rush.

We'll see soon enough.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:16 AM   #11
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I doubt they can fix anything at this point, the game has to be close to gold if not already....but I hope Im wrong
I'm feeling the same way. If this is in fact a problem, I seriously doubt it will be fixed before release. Our only hope would be sliders, but according to AA, the slider adjustments aren't helping. I wonder if this is the reason those guys are seeing less turnovers, specifically ints, in the game. Is this how they're fixing the INT problem? I think one of the reasons the CPU QB threw so many bad passes and ints last year was due to pressure... the CPU QB would force it and make bad throws. Now we're seeing the opposite; with no pressure, the CPU is throwing high completion %.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 03:30 AM   #12
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I never had issues with 08 as far as pass rush goes. Hell..Kodiak had 11 sacks against me using his Noles one game.
Well yeah I know I could get them at a decent clip, but I have in mind that when running a dominant front - say, with three players rated 90 or above - I wasn't seeing the kind of numbers I would expect, especially from the DTs. And just in terms of the moves, they never really seemed to work they way they did on last gen, where you could really push around the OL with the swim, for example.

But I'll take it back. If I'm wrong it means they might be able to fix it.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:18 AM   #13
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
It's not "gold" yet, probably 2-3 weeks before that, but yea, theres not going to be a lot of changes in that time(they wouldn't be able to QA it). they could however be working on a patch that could come out at the same time or a little later that could fix it. theres been a few games on 360 that had a patch to fix a few things on release day of the game.
I think that's probably our only/best hope right now. I hope they take care of this, or 09 may infuriate me even more than 08.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:38 AM   #14
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Come on AA, you're bringing me off of my high

I'm sure we can tweak this. Sliders bro, sliders.

I'm going back to fantasy land. You're welcome to join me.

PS - I have bigger arms than you in fantasy land.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 05-31-2008, 07:38 AM   #15
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

If this isn't fixable with sliders (which I would imagine it can be) then that just blows.

It's always something that sinks this ship.

My guess is the lack of pass rush also allows for QBs to complete 80% of their passes every game.

Edit: Rhombic said that some guys were able to get pressure on the QB. Some had to send more guys, but since the coverage downfield is solid, it sounds like you can take some chances. I still would like a 4 man pass rush though.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 05-31-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #16
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

They need to totally scrap the blocking engine. They're still using Madden '08's boom or bust D-Line play. NCAA 09's gameplay looks extremely crappy to me and this is a big reason why.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »