Home

Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

This is a discussion on Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

It's really sad that this game's not releasing until July, and we are already hoping for a patch. Usually a first day purchase for me.. but I will wait for the reviews to start rolling in before forking over $60.00. I've been burned too many times, and finally have wised up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #42
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN13NSE
He also states that the a patch would be the best chance of overall change in the game for D-Line pressure.
Geez. Well at least the game will be playing properly right around Bowl season. Sweet.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:38 PM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
didn't someone mention that sliders had little to no effect on the pass rushing issue?
They did say that. But I'm hoping more can be done with a little more time with the game. What I also need to know is if this is a head-to-head issue or a cpu issue (or both). I did think the blocking sliders worked fairly well last year although I think it was impossible to get a pass rush on Heisman against the cpu (in the brief time I played it). On AA it wasn't an issue with my sliders.

Watching the vetzballin videos, both sides had all day to throw the ball it seemed. The biggest issue might be how extreme you have to go to get a decent pass rush by tweaking sliders (0 cpu pass block, 99 human break block) and how that could really hurt the rushing game at the same time. Usually I find I have to juice the cpu run blocking as is. Going to 99 break block would kill that on AA.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #44
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I think we can at least be pretty confident in getting a patch unlike the old days where an issue like this was not fixable once the game hit shelves.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #45
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think we can at least be pretty confident in getting a patch unlike the old days where an issue like this was not fixable once the game hit shelves.
MS blocked EA from putting one out for the 360 initially last year. Not every 360 was sold with a hard drive and they are sensitive to patches because of this. The PS3 patch was released at least a month earlier than the 360 despite the fact the 360 version outsold the PS3 by a 3:1 margin (roughly).

It would be nice if there was a patch when the game releases but that should NEVER be acceptable for a console game. If they know there is a problem before release, delay the game a week or two and get it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #46
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
MS blocked EA from putting one out for the 360 initially last year. Not every 360 was sold with a hard drive and they are sensitive to patches because of this. The PS3 patch was released at least a month earlier than the 360 despite the fact the 360 version outsold the PS3 by a 3:1 margin (roughly).

It would be nice if there was a patch when the game releases but that should NEVER be acceptable for a console game. If they know there is a problem before release, delay the game a week or two and get it right.
Oh I completely agree with you, it should never be acceptable, and I'm actually surprised something like a lack of pass rush made into the game at this point considering wins and losses on the lines are the most important aspect in determining winners and losers in football. I mean it was pretty shocking to see how the four man front didn't really get any pressure at all on its own in DJ Rhude's videos.

At the same time EA did do some good stuff it seems in between the event in NYC and the community day so I don't write off the potential for an effective fix through a patch, but it would be nice if it was available upon release, or if the game was delayed like they used to do in the old days with games that still had lingering problems. Too bad release dates for big titles like this are made into such an event and there is so much promo crap made for them.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #47
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If they know there is a problem before release, delay the game a week or two and get it right.
Many games can do that, but not NCAA. NCAA has been coming out on the same week forever, and they can't just delay it. I for one don't have any problem if I have to download a patch or not to play the same game. I would rather get a game 2 weeks earlier and have to download a patch that get the same game 2 weeks later with no patch.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #48
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

I did ask in the the Ian Cummings QA thread in the Madden forum if it would be possible to share the implementation of their pass rush with the NCAA team, it's a long shot but anything is worth a try at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »