Home

Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

This is a discussion on Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #57
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
Well maybe a delay might be in order after last years fiascco? I personnaly don't think the game should come out til mid August anyway so this might give them more time to fine tune things such as the pass rush. I really don't want to wait til December to play this game again and in my opinion after last year EA owes big us time to have a great game with out alot of flaws and this would be a big one.If not a delayy then they better be working on a patch right now.
well you better hope they are working on a patch because they aren't going to delay the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #58
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Last year's turnover certainly were a game killer.
Co-sign. I have never been so frustrated with a game in my life. I gave it a good run, but just kept . I have a feeling that I won't be doing that again this year..
Old 05-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Co-sign. I have never been so frustrated with a game in my life. I gave it a good run, but just kept . I have a feeling that I won't be doing that again this year..
This pass rush thing will be disappointing if it doesn't get fixed because it's a blow to realism but to me it won't be a game killer like CPU INTs were last year. I've lived with and enjoyed games with far worse issues than this.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:22 PM   #60
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

as much as people complain about flaws in this upcoming one and last year's version, i still had fun and i'm pretty sure i'll have some more fun when 09 drops.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I swear to God I wish EA would hire me or SOMEONE like pastapadre or cdj who could tell them this stuff BEFORE community day, early in the dev cycle. This is ridiculous IMO. EA YOU HAVE MY RESUME - HIRE ME!! Seriously though, why don't EA move up Community Day and/or have two community days, one for bugs and/or general testing and the other for just "here's the game - go tell the community your impressions" day.

/end rant

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #62
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

im optimism prime today

things will hopefully work out

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #63
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I swear to God I wish EA would hire me or SOMEONE like pastapadre or cdj who could tell them this stuff BEFORE community day, early in the dev cycle. This is ridiculous IMO. EA YOU HAVE MY RESUME - HIRE ME!! Seriously though, why don't EA move up Community Day and/or have two community days, one for bugs and/or general testing and the other for just "here's the game - go tell the community your impressions" day.

/end rant
I do think it would be beneficial for them to hire someone from the hardcore community, I'm not going to speculate that they don't have some hardcore football enthusiasts testing the game as it is, but I think the kind of person you find on forums like this would bring a different perspective.

The two big things that I think would make this game significantly better in the eyes of many here would be to improve the pass rush by reducing the power of the o-line and have the AI QB take a shot deep every now and then.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I do think it would be beneficial for them to hire someone from the hardcore community, I'm not going to speculate that they don't have some hardcore football enthusiasts testing the game as it is, but I think the kind of person you find on forums like this would bring a different perspective.

The two big things that I think would make this game significantly better in the eyes of many here would be to improve the pass rush by reducing the power of the o-line and have the AI QB take a shot deep every now and then.
The sad thing is that in 2005 I was called by an EA producer and offered the position of lead tester. They wanted me to start in about a week, I mean I was hired. But then they found out I was in Austin, TX and not Orlando, FL and the guy withdrew the offer even though I was going to move on my own nickel. I have written EA letters and have applied for various jobs there but I think they feel i'm overqualified (I'm a telecom engineer so I make pretty good $) or they don't feel my skills match up well with their positions, although I was a technical writer for 4 years.

I'm just really upset that EA doesn't hire someone, even if it's not me, that knows something about football on the testing side of the house. I started another thread about it btw.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »