Home

It's not the devs, it's the testers!!!!!

This is a discussion on It's not the devs, it's the testers!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: It's not the devs, it's the testers!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bryant
Actually I'm tired of EA's bull****. Thats the reason why I only buy NCAA, and Madden now. I may stop purchasing these games if they keep it up.

Madden and NCAA are only their biggest titles...Its kinda funny that your upset with them and your punishment for them is buying only their top two games...LOL
Old 06-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #50
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggsplittah
Madden and NCAA are only their biggest titles...Its kinda funny that your upset with them and your punishment for them is buying only their top two games...LOL
Let me explain since you're confused. I used to buy their other games, but I have stopped. If they don't start doing a better job on Madden, and NCAA they won't be getting any of my money. Understand now? Pretty simple I think. If anyone wants to hurt EA....don't buy the game.

Last edited by Coach Bryant; 06-01-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #51
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
Well like I said Rudy, it's JUST my opinion. I truly hope that I'm wrong about EA's desire to make changes when recommended by the people who get the game early or have the opportunity to play it at community events. But it get's extremely frustrating when almost every new EA sports game (Madden and NCAA especially) year after year have some MAJOR issue right out of the box!!! It's really hard not to form an opinion such as this.
I understand your frustration. The lousy efforts that EA put out on next gen so far have soured many people. I lost interest in NCAA '08 and have only played two games since Christmas. I can't remember the last time I've played so little football video games.

However, I think EA's problems have been a lack of skill and time adjusting to the next gen engines, not effort. Furthermore, I think from everything I've read so far from the guys who have played it that NCAA '09 is light years ahead of the past versions and we will finally be happy with some next gen football. I just wish people would be a little more optimistic around here rather than so negative. At least wait for the game to release before jumping all over EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bryant
Let me explain since you're confused. I used to buy their other games, but I have stopped. If they don't start doing a better job on Madden, and NCAA they won't be getting any of my money. Understand now? Pretty simple I think. If anyone wants to hurt EA....don't buy the game.
No confusion here bro...The reality is...you can't hurt EA...It just aint gonna happen...No matter how bad a game they put out they will survive and re-hype and we will buy...Its a proven fact
Old 06-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #53
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Man, Pixar Animation should go into the video game industry.I bet if they would make a sports title they would blow EA out of this world.Now thats a company that takes pride in making a product that has their name.Sorry if its somewhat out of thread.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
does anyone else think of a ton of OS'ers running around at pitchforks after the developers until odogg screams, "it's the testers", and then we all start running after the testers. That is just what I picture in my head. lol
Well not to bash ODOGG but he was giving NCAA pretty rave reviews last year when he posted his first impressions. I personally thought the game was terrible when compared to the last gen versions and it just felt stiff all the way around, not to mention the turnover problem. So even if you give the game to OSer's to test, you are still going to have varying opinions of the game.

But this just dawned on me. Were the over abundance of turnovers caused by the AI "panicking" and throwing the ball to avoid the sack? If so, this was probably the easiest way for EA to correct the turnover problem. Its the finger in the dam theory with this game, plug one hole and create another problem. The engine at its core may just be broken.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
He is saying you are wrong ODogg. You have made the point that EA needs to give the game out to knowledgable gamers early in the process so they can find flaws and help EA fix them. Rhombic has noted that they DID do that. They had three guys at EA over a month ago to play the game and report what they liked and didn't like. Those guys were CDJ from NCAA Strategies, Pastapadre and Dave Wales from PSU.com who all wrote terrific articles on the game and what needed fixing. Pastapadre blogged on the exact differences from that build and the most recent NCAA game
I know, my point was they didn't do it early enough in the game life cycle. If they had then we wouldn't have this pass rush issue. It's obvious some issues were caught by this process, they just need to expand the process more and get feedback earlier and more often.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Well not to bash ODOGG but he was giving NCAA pretty rave reviews last year when he posted his first impressions. I personally thought the game was terrible when compared to the last gen versions and it just felt stiff all the way around, not to mention the turnover problem. So even if you give the game to OSer's to test, you are still going to have varying opinions of the game.

But this just dawned on me. Were the over abundance of turnovers caused by the AI "panicking" and throwing the ball to avoid the sack? If so, this was probably the easiest way for EA to correct the turnover problem. Its the finger in the dam theory with this game, plug one hole and create another problem. The engine at its core may just be broken.
This brings up an interesting point too, how each user plays it can bring out certain flaws where other users may not see it. I did give NCAA good previews when I got the game early but I didn't see the turnover issue as being such a huge issue. Honestly I still can go some games without it being a huge issue. And also I've never seen it as such a huge issue myself because I tend to play more online and less vs. the cpu. Yes I've had games where there a lot of turnovers, and I did when I got the game early too, I just didn't see it as being the norm, more like an exception to the norm. Others may see this much more frequently due to plays they call (and obviously do).

So I guess the moral here is to widen the base of those who get to offer impressions and give feedback early on. Some people may see issues that other users never see. Some people place more importance on certain things than others. And some issues that might not bother one user are going to hugely bother others.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »