Home

Interesting stuff from Moostache Re: Ian's thoughts on Defensive balance

This is a discussion on Interesting stuff from Moostache Re: Ian's thoughts on Defensive balance within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #33
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Interesting stuff from Moostache Re: Ian's thoughts on Defensive balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
This might work for a single game, but it will suck to use a team you do not like for an entire online dynasty just because almost everyone else only uses the top 5 teams.

Two real examples:
1) I tried to organize a dynasty with a group that I play with where we would all use teams rated under 90. No one was interested even though their schools would be on that list. Since all my friends know I will use CU (81 overall) regardless, they do not want to use an average team they root for in real life. Instead they all jumped on the 99 overall Georgia bandwagon.

2) In the online dynasty I have joined, no one is a team ranked below 94 (except me with CU at 81 overall). Suddenly everyone is a Missouri fan! No I have to play an entire season where according to EA 9 out of 10 times I will lose. I still want to play b/c I love the game, but it stinks that so few people will stick with "their" team instead of jumping on the Mizzou bandwagon.

Doesn't sound like you're playing with the right guys, man. My buddy is a huge FSU fan and plans to play with them. Another buddy is a Michigan fan and plans to play with them. I'm trying to decide if I want to play with Oklahoma State or Air Force (or some other team in the 80-90 range). But the guys I intend to play an online dynasty with are the guys I want to play with because we know we'll have fun playing together. It doesn't really matter as much to us who wins each year (although we all want to win), it's more about the overall experience.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Seriously man I've been having nightmares about the game and there is still 40+ days to go. I literally went to bed Sunday about 9pm and constantly dreamed about no pass rush. I woke up in a cold sweat about 4am and had a difficult time going back to sleep. If nothing else I think myself and others will have built up these "gamekillers" to such lengths that when we finally get the game maybe things won't be as bad as we think they are going to be.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Seriously man I've been having nightmares about the game and there is still 40+ days to go. I literally went to bed Sunday about 9pm and constantly dreamed about no pass rush. I woke up in a cold sweat about 4am and had a difficult time going back to sleep. If nothing else I think myself and others will have built up these "gamekillers" to such lengths that when we finally get the game maybe things won't be as bad as we think they are going to be.

You kill me sometimes ODogg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You kill me sometimes ODogg.

Well just FYI man, I'm always intense about everything I do in life, not just NCAA/Madden. It's just my personality is borderline obsessive or whatnot I guess. I go all in when I'm interested in something.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
It could make them more fun, contingent upon who you're playing with. I'm still up in the air on whether or not I'm going to play in the online dynasty with my buddies using Air Force (they'll have the Buckeyes, LSU, FSU, and the like). Could be a death sentence for quite some time if I do, but it's my alma mater. Gonna have to check it out.
I completely understand. Sounds like it'll be tough for those participating in an online dynasty who are not using powerhouse programs or high-rated teams.

This has me a bit concerned for my first few years as, while its certainly a powerhouse program, the Michigan roster is on a down year in terms of ratings. And I know for sure that in the online dynasty i'm in there's at least a human coaching Ohio State. One things this proves, I guess, is that now, perhaps more than ever, it is crucial to recruit well every year.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:18 AM   #38
Rookie

I'm thinking this could be bad for playing offence agains the cpu. If the user can adjust for the problem on defence thats fine, but it sounds like there will be tons of gimme money plays for the user controlled offence when the cpu defence is not able to properly compensate. I would hate for the offensive game to be too easy to march up and down the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »