Home

Ncaa Football 2004

This is a discussion on Ncaa Football 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Ncaa Football 2004

I just dont understand how we have less features and stuff now.

Shouldnt the next-gen games have EVERYTHING the old-gen games had PLUS MORE?

i thought that was the point of next-gen...to take it to the next level. Besides online dynasty, everything else has been striped down.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 26

I still play this game every weekend. I love it!! Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Mike Williams, Reggie Ball as a true freshman hahahaha, David Greene, Brodie Croyle, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Darren Sproles, Larry Fitzgerald, Maurice Clarette, Miami Hurricanes back when they were the Miami Hurricanes, Greg Jones, Dexter Reid, Matt Schaub, Aaron Rodgers, Reggie Bush as a freshman, I love this freaking game.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #51
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Oh boy, another one of these for NCAA football. While NCAA 04 was the best in the entire series, EA has NEVER had any competition in the college football market. Do not say the terrible Gamebreaker series that lasted all of 2 (?) seasons.

The problem with NCAA IMO since the jump to next gen is the Maddenization of the game design (from gameplay to lack of presentation) - not a lack of competition.

NCAA used to stand alone in its development and college football representation - now it is too closely tied to Madden development which has terribly hurt the series.

If anything, NCAA has ALWAYS had the most competition from EA itself - trying to get the game released that month earlier with more polished and unique features to "steal" some football dollars before Madden's release.

Competition is a lame excuse for the NCAA series.

and here even from the IGN article itself:

Some still absent features from just 04 to note:
*multiple camera angles
*team specific entrances (i.e. Notre Dame's Play Like a Champion)
*Create a School
*All DI and 36 DIAA teams AND 100 classic teams
*Classic teams w/ college football's greatest situations

It's amazing what is still missing from just one version of NCAA 04 5 years ago.

Edit: way to edit your post after reading mine.
Heh... Notre Dame had the ONLY team specific entrance in that game. But it must have worked, cause all these years later we are saying that the game had team specific entrances (plural). Notice that the only example ever given is Notre Dame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #52
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
wasn't the deep ball money in '04? or was that '03? either way i didn't play it much, as i had school, football, and work. '06 or '08(360) would be the one i played the most in terms of dynasty mode.
Right. 2004 was all about calling hail mary and either throwing the bomb or running for the easy 10 yards with your QB based on what the defense called.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #53
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
I agree that the older games had more features:

1.) Where are the classic teams? I miss not being able to play as the All-Time or year specific teams for my favorite college.

2.) College Classics were great. I loved being able to replay crucial moments in classic games.

Mascot games are back, but they were my least favorite. Year after year I get disapointed that my classic teams and classic games are left out. Is it really that hard to add? EA already has the rosters from the Xbox and PS2 games! Just update them and associate to the damn teams!
Yes, it is a huge task to add teams.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #54
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I'm not sure that's entirely true.

If I'm not mistaken, 05 had a different developer or producer or something. Didn't they re-do the engine that year? It wasn't just 04 with updated rosters and the inability to pass. It was a much different game. Animations were different, player models were different, physics were different. It wasn't a big change like from last gen to next gen, but there were obvious changes. Enough so that I wouldn't say they "broke" things. They just failed.
No, it was the same dev team.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #55
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Do not say the terrible Gamebreaker series that lasted all of 2 (?) seasons.
That game was awesome, I loved playing at the Colisseum. Now, 2K's crack at it was pathetic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

I remember 2K college footbal, dear lord that was a terrible game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »