Home

One thing to keep in mind.....

This is a discussion on One thing to keep in mind..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #33
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: One thing to keep in mind.....

BTW, before anyone looks at my post count and thinks I'm a newb, check my join date. I lurk.....always lurking....
Old 06-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #34
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY PARTICIPANT SAID THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST NCAA IN THE SERIES.

Every one of them. So even though everyone...including myself...has concerns, the bottom line is EVERY guy who has played NCAA has said its fun as hell and the best one yet.

That's reason enough for me to stay uber pumped!
Dude, they say that about every game every year.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #35
Rookie

smithc6's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
To an extent I think theyre right. Anyone getting an invite to an event like that would be pumped because most likely theyre looking forward to the game and havent played any real football since the previous version came out. They may relate the entire experience more so into their reviews of the game, and let that excitement get them more than they should, and somehow the overall review suffers because of it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #36
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Not entirely. I remember last year some of the guys at the event(s) saying it is about one year away from being really good/great. I can recall some community guys saying:

- The passing felt a little off
- They weren't able to break out of the animations and didn't feel like they were "in control" all the time.
- The playbooks were way behind what last-gen had to offer
- The game plays pretty slow
- Gang tackling was meh
- The option game was killed by poor defensive AI and allowable late pitches.

I really think this game will be very good. They have made so many improvements (just look at the list above), added some wanted features and got rid of the damn turnover festival.

I know I may sound like a fanboy or whatever, but I'm excited about this one!! I'm with AuburnAlumni.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #37
Rookie

smithc6's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Not entirely. I remember last year some of the guys at the event(s) saying it is about one year away from being really good/great. I can recall some community guys saying:

- The passing felt a little off
- They weren't able to break out of the animations and didn't feel like they were "in control" all the time.
- The playbooks were way behind what last-gen had to offer
- The game plays pretty slow
- Gang tackling was meh
- The option game was killed by poor defensive AI and allowable late pitches.

I really think this game will be very good. They have made so many improvements (just look at the list above), added some wanted features and got rid of the damn turnover festival.

I know I may sound like a fanboy or whatever, but I'm excited about this one!! I'm with AuburnAlumni.
I dont know how I couldnt be excited hearing and seeing the way this years game looks...but if for whatever reason i end up being disappointed again, i may not be as skeptical next year.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY PARTICIPANT SAID THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST NCAA IN THE SERIES.

Every one of them. So even though everyone...including myself...has concerns, the bottom line is EVERY guy who has played NCAA has said its fun as hell and the best one yet.

That's reason enough for me to stay uber pumped!
I hear that it is vastly improved every single year. That doesn't mean it's good. While a polished turd may look better than an unpolished turd, it's still feces.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswells
I hear that it is vastly improved every single year. That doesn't mean it's good. While a polished turd may look better than an unpolished turd, it's still feces.
what the hell? Do you suffer from copromania?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »