Home

real head coaches

This is a discussion on real head coaches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
real head coaches

I know it isn't a big deal, but I wish EA would actually include real head coaches into the game for once. I know I can name them all, but even then there is little mention of the head coach in the game. I think this is something that needs to be changed of 2010.

We could have actual coaches records like in college hoops series. I would be nice and add a lot to the game. College football coaches are a HUGE part of college football. We know the names and they should be included finally in one of their games.

I know it is too late for this year, but I really want to see them and hopefully next year is finally the year. Of course if they are not there and a lot of the other stuff is fixed, I'm fine with that.....just saying I'd like to see them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: real head coaches

this would be a very nice addition.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah imo, coaches are the biggest part of a school's success. And I am lazy, so if they put it in from the beginning, I wouldn't need to manually name all of the coaches haha.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

yeah i always thought this was a good idea. like in the Colleg Hoops games..where they had the Real faces of the coaches. Would be cool. And have coaching changes....Like Saban...at Alabama for 4 years and all of a sudden he is at Texas or something and the Alabama job is open...etc. Would be cool.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
Yeah imo, coaches are the biggest part of a school's success. And I am lazy, so if they put it in from the beginning, I wouldn't need to manually name all of the coaches haha.
Hopefully EA share will do that for you - err I mean the gigantic nerd who sits there and puts in all the coaches for my gigantic nerd benefit.

Who doesn't want to eat two ham and pineapple pizzas slammed together while coaching Ralph's Terps?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Hopefully EA share will do that for you - err I mean the gigantic nerd who sits there and puts in all the coaches for my gigantic nerd benefit.

One nerd to bind them all!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I know it isn't a big deal, but I wish EA would actually include real head coaches into the game for once. I know I can name them all, but even then there is little mention of the head coach in the game. I think this is something that needs to be changed of 2010.

We could have actual coaches records like in college hoops series. I would be nice and add a lot to the game. College football coaches are a HUGE part of college football. We know the names and they should be included finally in one of their games.

I know it is too late for this year, but I really want to see them and hopefully next year is finally the year. Of course if they are not there and a lot of the other stuff is fixed, I'm fine with that.....just saying I'd like to see them.
Absolutely, 100%, and, to quote Bob Stoops, "No question", best idea ever. The computer opponent AI more or less will do the same sorts of things in the same situations. If this were to be instituted: LSU would take absurd chances in 4th down situations, Oklahoma would suffer an identity crisis along with a bizarre dependency on sticking to a failing gameplan, A&M (last year) would more or less ignore the best runner on the team. Point is, while some teams have all the talent, they don't have the coaching to put it together. This, when in dynasty, would open things up ten-fold. If they had put this in last year, I may not need/want a NCAA any more than every other year. Maybe that's the issue.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Main point- grade coaches like the players are already graded. ie- Stoops may be a 95 on run D, 87 on passing D, 90 on QB/Passing, 95 on tailbacks/running game, 84 on special teams, and so on. The numbers would reflect the quality of play-calling and, additionally, maybe boost the players rating up a point or two. That, in turn, could spill over to recruiting. If they wanted to go even deeper, apply it to assistants as well. (I've heard a little about the 2k NCAA bball doing some coaching things, but haven't really played the game much...so stop me if this is an old idea that I've just stumbled upon thinking it wasn't)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »