Home

Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #65
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Hello from EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolet7
Adam, you mentioned you took on commentary this year as well as graphics. Was there a substantial amount of new booth commentary added this year? Each year, it seems EA claims to have added more commentary, but I don't usually hear much different from one year to the next.

Also, since EA has the ESPN license, why have they not developed an ESPN TV style presentation, using the official ESPN graphics, music, stat overlays, etc.? I think doing so would up the atmosphere and draw everyone into the game more.

And lastly, any chance down the road that we'll ever see a halftime presentation of some kind?
To piggyback onto this comment, I too am curious. 2k has already shown that on current gen software you can really do some exciting things with presentation.

For example...College Hoops 2k8 has a Preseason Special with Clark Kellog and Greg Gumble, weekly highlight shows, and an indepth "Selection Sunday" show.

If NCAA could do something like this...OMG!!

Say a Preseason Show with Lee, Kirk, and Nessler. Weekly "College Football Scoreboard" shows, and a BCS Selection show.

Has this been passed around at EA yet as far as really taking the Presentation to the next level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 13

Adam,

I forgot to say this in my original post but thank you so much for actually posting and responding in a timely manner.

As for entrances, has there been a discussion on when to bring them back?

I've written about entrances probably more than I want to admit as I feel they are THE most recognized thing about college football.

My idea has always been to have the same entrance scene for most teams, just led by different things (mascots, team leaders, live mascots)

There are a few that would have their own specific entrances which would add greatly to the game. Michigan, Tennessee, Clemson, and ND come to mind.

Thanks again Adam. It's nice to know that what we are typing might actually make a difference in the game we love.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #67
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
To piggyback onto this comment, I too am curious. 2k has already shown that on current gen software you can really do some exciting things with presentation.

For example...College Hoops 2k8 has a Preseason Special with Clark Kellog and Greg Gumble, weekly highlight shows, and an indepth "Selection Sunday" show.

If NCAA could do something like this...OMG!!

Say a Preseason Show with Lee, Kirk, and Nessler. Weekly "College Football Scoreboard" shows, and a BCS Selection show.

Has this been passed around at EA yet as far as really taking the Presentation to the next level?
I'll also piggy-back this. Even something like music. Where's the College Gameday theme? I mean, honestly, it's like they've done absolutely nothing with the ESPN license.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #68
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
Welcome to the boards, Adam. Quick question (or 2):

Has there been any thought given to dynamic equipment? What I mean by that, if I have a player leave the game with a broken arm or broken finger, can he come back with a cast or taped fingers? It would be nice to see those things implemented (I know that casts are in the game, but I NEVER see them). An ankle injury can result in a player taping his ankles when he wasn't prior to the injury. Etc.

With commentary, I've run into cases where the commentary is 2 or 3 plays behind because it gets stuck in a string (or I've skipped through some in between play stuff). This can be pretty annoying, has any thought been given to having the commentary skip through if I decide to skip through the other stuff?
I do recall there was a similar thing to the dynamic equipment in last gen. I seem to remember guys getting injuries would come back with tape around their wrists or ankles. I loved that little detail.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Create a School

Nuff said
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #70
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

thanks for doing this for us..i have a question that i know a number of us have asked many, many times

Why cant the uniform selection allow us to choose which top goes with which pants

example.. for oregon

if we could chose "jersey" black,white,green or yellow and "pants" black,white,green or yellow..that way we can mix and match just like they do and not be stuck with say yellow top with green pants everytime we wanna use the yellow jersey
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #71
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Welcome. Long hair adds personality to players Why has madden had this for 2 years and none in ncaa? Love those dreads or golden blonde locks(OSU) line backers have. Or the Dreads of others. Teams like hawaii where almost the whole team has long hair looks awkward w/o . What about tattoos also?

Last edited by MacPlex; 06-03-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #72
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
thanks for doing this for us..i have a question that i know a number of us have asked many, many times

Why cant the uniform selection allow us to choose which top goes with which pants

example.. for oregon

if we could chose "jersey" black,white,green or yellow and "pants" black,white,green or yellow..that way we can mix and match just like they do and not be stuck with say yellow top with green pants everytime we wanna use the yellow jersey
Adding to this, it looks like teams who use different colored helmets were limited to 1 color for this year's release (unless I've missed something). Are there plans to include the other colored helmets for teams who use more than 1 helmet (Wazzu, Oregon, etc).

It would be great to be able to mix and match not only tops and pants, but helmets as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »