Home

Can anyone tell me; does a players weight affect game physics at all?

This is a discussion on Can anyone tell me; does a players weight affect game physics at all? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can anyone tell me; does a players weight affect game physics at all?

What I mean is basically this: If I have a 200 pound TB and a 225 pound tailback that both have all of the same ratings, will the 225 pounder run with more "power" or will the extra weight be meaningless?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 04:05 AM   #2
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Can anyone tell me; does a players weight affect game physics at all?

Can't say I remember reading anything about this, but I sure hope it's in.

Even if it's not, though, the running power attribute (and isn't there a "trucking" attribute as well?) can make up for it. What I always do is set players' size according to their ratings in these sorts of areas. So if I land a recruit with good power attributes, but he's 5-8, 195, I'll go ahead and change him so he's 6-1, 230, or whatever. Same thing with really speedy guys, but just the opposite. So on and so forth.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Can anyone tell me; does a players weight affect game physics at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Can't say I remember reading anything about this, but I sure hope it's in.

Even if it's not, though, the running power attribute (and isn't there a "trucking" attribute as well?) can make up for it. What I always do is set players' size according to their ratings in these sorts of areas. So if I land a recruit with good power attributes, but he's 5-8, 195, I'll go ahead and change him so he's 6-1, 230, or whatever. Same thing with really speedy guys, but just the opposite. So on and so forth.
I read for Madden they really worked on this but I don't think they've said one way or another if they did in NCAA or not. Ask in the thread! I would but i've already got some questions queued up.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »