Home

Pride stickers

This is a discussion on Pride stickers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Pride stickers

It's too hot outside to mow the lawn right now, so I'll try to explain how pridestickers work in a little more detail.

So each team that has pridestickers, the helmet art has a layout of where they go and what order they go there in. We pass a score into the helmet, and depending on the team, pridestickers are assigned based on this score.

So for the sake of easy math, let's say a score of 100 is 100% pridestickers. So if a team has a max of 100 pridestickers, each point would earn them a sticker. If a team has 50 max pridestickers, they need 2 points to earn a sticker. If a team has 10 max pridestickers, they need 10 points to earn a sticker.

Every player has this score calculated in dynasty mode and campus legend based on stats. I don't know them all off the top of my head though. The stats are position based, and the stats earn points, not stickers. For instance, you don't earn a pridesticker for a touchdown, you earn points. So based on all the stats you get in the game, the pride score is calculated and added to player database for each guy.

Before each game, the score is passed onto the helmet like I said above. Teams that don't have pridestickers have a max of 0.

In play now/online/mini games/practice etc... we tie it into ratings. I don't know off the top of my head what the upper and lower limit was, but I think if you are rated 95 you get the score that would earn you 100% stickers. If you are rated like 60 or something around there, you get 0%. The range in between is scaled based on the upper and lower limit. 60-95 is a 35 point scale. So that's like 2.8% stickers for each rating point, giving a guy rated 70 28% of his team's maximum stickers (so if a team has a max of 100 stickers, he gets 28). I think. Math isn't my strong point, but the engineer who set this up is an admitted math junkie and former highschool Mathlete.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #10
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Thanks for taking the time to "clear" that up. I understand what you are saying though. Again thanks Adam.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 25

On a side note, Mid Tenn State's stickers has to be fixed. I played a dynasty with them last year, and by the time I got to my bowl game, the entire helmet was covered. Here's a pic from their second to last game in 2007:

As you can see, the helmet is nowhere near covered. It seems to be on just the back of the helmet. I'll try to get a screen cap later of the what happened in 08.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
Rookie

ThatsWhatSheSaid's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It's too hot outside to mow the lawn right now, so I'll try to explain how pridestickers work in a little more detail.

So each team that has pridestickers, the helmet art has a layout of where they go and what order they go there in. We pass a score into the helmet, and depending on the team, pridestickers are assigned based on this score.

So for the sake of easy math, let's say a score of 100 is 100% pridestickers. So if a team has a max of 100 pridestickers, each point would earn them a sticker. If a team has 50 max pridestickers, they need 2 points to earn a sticker. If a team has 10 max pridestickers, they need 10 points to earn a sticker.

Every player has this score calculated in dynasty mode and campus legend based on stats. I don't know them all off the top of my head though. The stats are position based, and the stats earn points, not stickers. For instance, you don't earn a pridesticker for a touchdown, you earn points. So based on all the stats you get in the game, the pride score is calculated and added to player database for each guy.

Before each game, the score is passed onto the helmet like I said above. Teams that don't have pridestickers have a max of 0.

In play now/online/mini games/practice etc... we tie it into ratings. I don't know off the top of my head what the upper and lower limit was, but I think if you are rated 95 you get the score that would earn you 100% stickers. If you are rated like 60 or something around there, you get 0%. The range in between is scaled based on the upper and lower limit. 60-95 is a 35 point scale. So that's like 2.8% stickers for each rating point, giving a guy rated 70 28% of his team's maximum stickers (so if a team has a max of 100 stickers, he gets 28). I think. Math isn't my strong point, but the engineer who set this up is an admitted math junkie and former highschool Mathlete.
Ohio State has had a major problem with pride stickers ever since they were introduced into NCAA. Whenever you filled up on either side of the red/white/black stripes, the stickers start going ONTOP of the stripes. Has this been fixed?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
On a side note, Mid Tenn State's stickers has to be fixed. I played a dynasty with them last year, and by the time I got to my bowl game, the entire helmet was covered. Here's a pic from their second to last game in 2007:

As you can see, the helmet is nowhere near covered. It seems to be on just the back of the helmet. I'll try to get a screen cap later of the what happened in 08.
Here's what I'm talking about.

This was during an off year (6-6). During my national championship season, the entire helmet was covered. IMO, the problem is that the stickers are way too big (look at the real-life pic).

BTW, the font isn't right either for the players names.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 06-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:

Yeah, that happened to any team. At some point, every possible spot on the helmet would get a pridesticker, regardless of what was set up. I hope that is fixed. I didn't see it happen on 09.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid
Ohio State has had a major problem with pride stickers ever since they were introduced into NCAA. Whenever you filled up on either side of the red/white/black stripes, the stickers start going ONTOP of the stripes. Has this been fixed?
Yeah, they aren't supposed to go on the stripe. But as I said in the last post, there was a bug that would cause the entire helmet to be filled. However, that was the old system. Hopefully that is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #16
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Here's what I'm talking about.

This was during an off year (6-6). During my national championship season, the entire helmet was covered. IMO, the problem is that the stickers are way too big (look at the real-life pic).

BTW, the font isn't right either for the players names.
Last year, every helmet had a grid that could accommodate a pride sticker, and the grids were all the same. Now they are custom grids to accommodate the various size of stickers teams use. It isn't 100% perfect, but a huge improvement over last year. I'll try to remember to get some comparison screenshots tomorrow if I have time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »