Home

Why don't you people play online???

This is a discussion on Why don't you people play online??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Icon9 Why don't you people play online???

I'm just curious to hear from those of you who say you do not play online. I play mostly online and don't see how people make a choice to play the CPU, no matter how good (or bad it is) because you don't get the same level of unpredictability from the CPU as people.

So if you don't play online then answer me these two questions:

1. Why don't you play online?
2. What will it take to get you playing online?

Thanks!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Why don't you people play online???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm just curious to hear from those of you who say you do not play online. I play mostly online and don't see how people make a choice to play the CPU, no matter how good (or bad it is) because you don't get the same level of unpredictability from the CPU as people.

So if you don't play online then answer me these two questions:

1. Why don't you play online?
2. What will it take to get you playing online?

Thanks!
Since I usually play after the our boys go to bed and when my wife is shutting it down, I worry if one of the kids wakes up, I'll have to pause/stop the game. It woulnd't be that annoying to me since they are my kids, but my opponent may get annoyed. And don't you have a time limit or number of times you could pause it? I will definitely be playing more on-line this year due to on-line dynasty and one of my friends got a PS3 and is on-line. We both have kids so we're in the same boat now.

I used to play NCAA 04 on-line with a friend of mine who was living overseas for hours before we had kids. Man, those were the days. I would wake up at 7 am on a Saturday and play on-line until the first college football games came on TV. I'd even have another TV with College Gameday with the volume blasted to get even more of the college vibe going on.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-06-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Since I usually play after the our boys go to bed and when my wife is shutting it down, I worry if one of the kids wakes up, I'll have to pause/stop the game. It woulnd't be that annoying to me since they are my kids, but my opponent may get annoyed. And don't you have a time limit or number of times you could pause it?

I used to play NCAA 04 on-line with a friend of mine who was living overseas for hours before we had kids. Man, those were the days. I would wake up at 7 am on a Saturday and play on-line until the first college football games came on TV. I'd even have another TV with College Gameday with the volume blasted to get even more of the college vibe going on.
Yeah I can see that, that's a big reason I do play the CPU on occasion, not that I have kids but like if i'm doing something on the computer or doing some housework like laundry.....you can't really pause when doing that sort of stuff UNLESS you are playing a buddy who is very understanding. I have a friend from OS who has been my co-commish and we play a lot and we both pause the hell out of the game at times to do other stuff and we both are cool with it. But yeah for the most part you can't really expect someone else to wait around while you're off ironing or yelling at your kids to GO BACK TO BED DAMNIT!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I can see that, that's a big reason I do play the CPU on occasion, not that I have kids but like if i'm doing something on the computer or doing some housework like laundry.....you can't really pause when doing that sort of stuff UNLESS you are playing a buddy who is very understanding. I have a friend from OS who has been my co-commish and we play a lot and we both pause the hell out of the game at times to do other stuff and we both are cool with it. But yeah for the most part you can't really expect someone else to wait around while you're off ironing or yelling at your kids to GO BACK TO BED DAMNIT!!
The truth is funny ODogg.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

1. The main reason I don't is I don't wanna play against a bunch of pre-teens...
2. I'll probably play some OS guys this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

There has always been some sort of exploit that most of the on-liners would resort to that made games MORE predictible. You knew that even if they started out SIM they would resort to rocket catching or nano blitzes or money plays and to compete you resort to the same tactics. Soon you were no longer playing a strategic game of football. It becomes beat the flaw in the game not the flaw in one's strategy. I'd rather stay in my own little world and play franchise/dynasty and play honest.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

1) I play some online and it is fun until you run into that random cheeseball that cant stop going deep to Harvin and just playing silly. Even when you shut him down and start blowing him out it gets boring until they quit.

2) The lag really ticks me off, if the game played as fast and as smooth offline, I would definately play it more online. This year I hope to get in a few online dynasty's that last a while so I can experience that!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

My reasons:
Clowns who try to onside kick more than once and its never one time.

Lag

I used to always play offline with friends over, we would make a dynasty and go from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »