Home

CPU vs CPU: is it in '09?

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU: is it in '09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #41
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: CPU vs CPU: is it in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
As one of the older gamers here, no where near 66 years old though :-) I am finding myself more and more using the cpu vs cpu mode for my sports games. My button mashing days are dwindling, and now I am more interested in the simulation aspects of football, baseball, hockey, and basketball games. Watching a cpu game gives an accurate account of a players ratings and the game simulation style. Looking at some of the gameplay videos out now, I am seeing backs and receivers doing things that are not possible in the real game. Cpu vs cpu cuts down on this a great bit, and gives a more true to life football gaming experience. This is why I'd like to see someone post a cpu vs cpu game. This is the only way I could see what the game is all about.

Now I still like to PLAY the games. But I am finding myself watching/coaching more and more. As I get older, I suppose cpu vs cpu is my destiny.
Bubba4

Bubba, don't doom us "oldheads" to CPU v CPU only!

I'm in my 40's and also have been playing these games from way back (I think it was like 1990 on Sega). Anyway, also a big fan of both CPU vs CPU as well as the previous gen camera angles (broadcast, sideline) that allowed for more of a TV-style presentation. It just felt more authentic. Although I have still enjoyed the last 2 ears on next gen (what choice did we have?), would love to see EA go retro and bring back a customizable camera angle; that way, no one goes unhappy.

Also I agree with what some oterhs are saying about atmosphere and gameplay. Give me unique stadium entrances as a new feature, not cheerleaders. It would be cool to see for example, the FSU entrance with the chief on the horse. But, above all, give me solid, balanced gameply where there is a challenge (not an INT -fest).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 16

add me to the cpu vs cpu community, i just started doing this in college hoops, apf 2k8, nba 2k8 and madden 05 on the pc and i love it. im finding it very rewarding and fun to set up the gameplan and watch the teams execute it.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 06-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #43
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Guys - we'll have to get together over on the slider board and discuss how to achieve the most realistic cpu v cpu sliders once we get our hands on NCAA and Madden...

I remember the old days working with Redwolf for months on Madden cpu v cpu - happy days
Old 06-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #44
MVP

^^^
sounds like a good idea

Quote:
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
LMAO
Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #45
MVP

I wonder if we can play cpu vs cpu in an online dynasty.

Quote:
Quote:
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #46
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Ehhh. CPU vs CPU is worthless to me withouth a tv broadcast type angle.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm 41 and spend most of my gaming on cpu vs cpu in season mode or with old time teams. Eventually would like to do a season mode of all-time teams in NCAA like I am working on in ch2k8.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #48
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

It would be better with the tv broadcast angle and I take your point - but for me just having the ability to have cpu v cpu and select any game from any side's schedule - is a massive step in the right direction...we'll have to suggest to EA for the 2010 version for a tv camera angle now that cpu v cpu is back in - which is the biggest plus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »