Home

Rating concern

This is a discussion on Rating concern within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Rating concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
that joker you were playing was Adam.
LoL.......like Star Wars......ODogg, I am your EA Programmer.......NOOOOoooOOOoOOoooOOoooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i was going to say it was Mike Leech.
Nice, haha

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #50
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
LoL.......like Star Wars......ODogg, I am your EA Programmer.......NOOOOoooOOOoOOoooOOoooo

nice

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Here's a real highlight film of Teddy....watch this and see if you think he runs like a gazelle...

Oh and skip to the 2:45 mark if you want to see Jim Tressel cheesing it up...LOL!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Last edited by ODogg; 06-08-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #52
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
That was one of the big gameplay additions on NCAA/Madden 08. I guess it didn't work well enough cause we have to tone down the speed ratings still.
The stamina penalty for running the QBs didn't work out that one year they used it because the CPU would sub for them which isn't that realistic of course. The coach just would call some RB running plays or call a TO in real life. I am glad they just slow the QB down some instead. The game -APF has nice system for the QB movement and this area is really the only one i truly have a beef with NCAA each year on.

To expand a bit- I think the agility is more the issue with the QB, the throwing on the run, the throwing across the field, and the drop back is way to fast. Once they make it harder to cut on a dime and get so much power on the throws (and accuracy) for the QBs then the speeds should be increased back.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #53
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Ginn Jr. was a freak! The combo of starting and stopping and juke moves vs. Ok. State in the bowl game a few years ago was stellar.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #54
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Adam - do you guys ever just go play random online games yourselves to see how people exploit your game? I played some joker Friday night who kept going for it on 4th down even with a lead but I am happy to report he didn't convert once. So obviously you guys have done a good job in making it more difficult to convert on 4th and long (which was a huge step towards making the online game better IMO).
Yep. I know some of the gameplay designers are always playing online. One idea I've been tossing around is to get a nice list of cheese and then get commentary for it. Maybe get Corso to shame you into playing real football.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #55
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Yep. I know some of the gameplay designers are always playing online. One idea I've been tossing around is to get a nice list of cheese and then get commentary for it. Maybe get Corso to shame you into playing real football.
LOL I can see it now Corso " Thats cheese mfer play some real football"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
That would be so freakin' cool! I can see Corso right now going "he should just be ashamed of himself, where'd he learn to play football - PEE WEE league??!" in that crazy Corso drawl of his...

Adam - in this year's version do we have any team celebrations after TD's like in that Ted Ginn video I posted above? It's something I've always felt the game is sorely lacking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »