Home

One year after NCAA 08, I've found what hinders the game.

This is a discussion on One year after NCAA 08, I've found what hinders the game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: One year after NCAA 08, I've found what hinders the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
The two main issues that hindered 08 (single player) was the dumb CPU QB AI (a gamekiller) and to a much much lesser extent the CPU never throwing deep.

Those two things made the game pretty mediocre for replayability.

Pass rush wasn't an issue from what I could tell - but 08 was the version I played least in the last 6 years because of the crappy CPU turnovers.
Exactly.

This is the first year I passed on both Madden and NCAA, due to the ridiculous turnovers and ******** CPU AI. Now, the ******** CPU AI seems to always be an issue, but the turnovers only made it worse. Both games, in my opinion, are two of the worst sports games I have ever had the displeasure of playing. I will be buying both games this time around, though, so I'm hoping all the hype around these issues being ''fixed'' isn't hogwash.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #34
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Exactly.

This is the first year I passed on both Madden and NCAA, due to the ridiculous turnovers and ******** CPU AI. Now, the ******** CPU AI seems to always be an issue, but the turnovers only made it worse. Both games, in my opinion, are two of the worst sports games I have ever had the displeasure of playing. I will be buying both games this time around, though, so I'm hoping all the hype around these issues being ''fixed'' isn't hogwash.
I'm a sucker because I loooooove college football. It's always hard for me to wait to get my grubby hands on it because the quality (well for PS2 at least) was ALWAYS ('cept 05) there.

As for Madden, it's been pretty much crap (gameplay and presentation) for years.

This year I'll wait for AA and ODogg to give me the scoop. I'm really starting to doubt this series on next gen. Last year with the TO's and this year's cycle it looks like Madden got all the tweaks towards the end of the cycle and NCAA got left behind.

Seems like 2010 might be NCAA's year, not this year. I hope I'm wrong.

I think Online Dynasty must be the one huge addition for this game and implemented properly. Reading the impressions I'm not sure we're gonna see much of a gameplay quality jump this year. Though anything gameplay wise would be an improvement over 08 between the white lines. But again playable and "great" are two different categories of football.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #35
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
It appears what hindered NCAA 08 was turning the system on.
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
Classic!!! LOL!
Mrs. Juvenile

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Juvenile

Mrs. Juvenile
Hey now personal attacks are against the rules. Laugh a little. Life is short!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #37
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
Hey now personal attacks are against the rules. Laugh a little. Life is short!!!
Yeah you're right. It just irritates me sometime when these comments are made, especially when EA now has reps here to finally listen to us. It's not like 08 was a Football Pro 99 revisited. I still play it. Seems the anti EA comments have become more of a "What's cool to do" thing rather than to voice concerns.
Besides I spent most of the day at a ballgame and was fighting a big time headache when I read it.... So I have a doctors note.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I've never been able to beat O Linemen and get to the quarterback very well, on 08 or 09. They both feel the same to me. That's why I found all the discussion about lack of pass rush on 09 strange. It seems the same as 08 to me.

I try to jump the snap, but I find it hard (unlike on PS2... I'd just pancake the guy if I hit the button on the snap). I've sacked the CPU quarterback plenty of times on 09, and have been sacked myself. But I am not as good at this game as you guys are.

But I will be kicking your butt in recruiting if I'm in your online dynasty!
same for me, the pass rush has never been that great in this game for years...so not sure why such a huge deal is being made about the pass rush not being there...but my money is on the simple fact that each year the community seizes on one thing from the community leaders and obsessively convinces themselves that this will ruin the game.

i'll find out right away about this pass rush thing as i plan to use ohio state at home vs. duke or someone. if i can't get a pass rush there then i'll know that there may be a real issue to be found.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 06-08-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yeah you're right. It just irritates me sometime when these comments are made, especially when EA now has reps here to finally listen to us. It's not like 08 was a Football Pro 99 revisited. I still play it. Seems the anti EA comments have become more of a "What's cool to do" thing rather than to voice concerns.
Besides I spent most of the day at a ballgame and was fighting a big time headache when I read it.... So I have a doctors note.
I just hope these EA reps are here after I purchase the game. Because if the CPU throws 4-5 picks per game, I'll be more than happy to ''voice my concerns'' to them via PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #40
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I never had a problem with the pass rush. Sure you can't get to the QB every play, but you can get to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »