Home

Dynasty position battles

This is a discussion on Dynasty position battles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #17
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Dynasty position battles

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Well, obviously Michigan isn't in the top 25 so I haven't seen the ratings, but for right now I will definitely evaluate Steven Threet vs. Justin Feagin for the QB position. Given the nature of the Spread Option, I'm honestly looking at it as Feagin's for the taking if his speed rating is high enough. His arm strength/accuracy relative to Threets will be key to determining if he gets the job.
I know I've seen a screenshot of the Michigan QB depth chart somewhere. I'll try and dig it up for you.

EDIT:

Looking at the ratings, I think you pretty much have to start Threet and use a more pass heavy version of the spread.

My Video Game Streams

Last edited by Cyros; 06-10-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I know I've seen a screenshot of the Michigan QB depth chart somewhere. I'll try and dig it up for you.

EDIT:

Looking at the ratings, I think you pretty much have to start Threet and use a more pass heavy version of the spread.
Thanks man! I appreciate you digging that up. Interesting. I must say, I did see two thing about Feagin I was hoping to see; his speed and accuracy is far superior to Threet's. From the stats visible, it seems its primarily his awareness that brought his overall rating down. What concerns me now is if the game somehow artificially causes Feagin to play worse than Threet due to the lower overall rating, if thats the case, then indeed I'll simply have to go with Threet and run a more tame spread.. However if its indeed just his awareness that is the problem, then it should be ok since that will depend entirely on me.

Last edited by VWarrior; 06-10-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Well, if you think you can contend this year, start Griffin. If you think you're team needs a couple years, red shirt Griffin and save him for your run.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #20
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Dook, as far as your QB situation. You said yourself that BU isn't gonna be all that good. I think that you should take the Wake Forest approach RS as many of your freshman as you can. Develop the player in your program. You might not always have the most talent, but atleast this way they will be "coached" up as much as possible. A few years back when I ran with Duke that is pretty much what I did, RS just about every freshman that came in that I could spare. I was never super dominant with Duke but they were 4 stars when I left them 4 years later with some really good players.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #21
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Dook, as far as your QB situation. You said yourself that BU isn't gonna be all that good. I think that you should take the Wake Forest approach RS as many of your freshman as you can. Develop the player in your program. You might not always have the most talent, but atleast this way they will be "coached" up as much as possible. A few years back when I ran with Duke that is pretty much what I did, RS just about every freshman that came in that I could spare. I was never super dominant with Duke but they were 4 stars when I left them 4 years later with some really good players.
Thats the mentality I'm going to be taking with WKU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #22

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraz3r0
Well, if you think you can contend this year, start Griffin. If you think you're team needs a couple years, red shirt Griffin and save him for your run.
I have a different philosophy when it comes to that. I think if you're buidling from scratch then you need to take out the seniors and get as many young guys PT as possible. One redshirt year when you have an obvious talent at QB is not that big of a deal when talking about a COMPLETE rebuild.

And in this case the talent is far surperior than the rest that it may end up making your team more competetive.

I could see if we were deciding between players of similar skill sets but with Griffin's speed your entire team would benefit greatly.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:32 AM   #23
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Thanks man! I appreciate you digging that up. Interesting. I must say, I did see two thing about Feagin I was hoping to see; his speed and accuracy is far superior to Threet's. From the stats visible, it seems its primarily his awareness that brought his overall rating down. What concerns me now is if the game somehow artificially causes Feagin to play worse than Threet due to the lower overall rating, if thats the case, then indeed I'll simply have to go with Threet and run a more tame spread.. However if its indeed just his awareness that is the problem, then it should be ok since that will depend entirely on me.
ACC stands for acceleration.

My Video Game Streams
Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
ACC stands for acceleration.
Ahh yes, indeed it does!

I still have yet to see the THA rating which will determine for me if Feagin or Threet gets the start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »