Home

The EA guys seem to be "dodging" ratings questions.

This is a discussion on The EA guys seem to be "dodging" ratings questions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The EA guys seem to be "dodging" ratings questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
That's better than it being the friggin punter when the feature was first introduced.
oh yeah i remember you being mad about that. that was really stupid.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #74
Rookie

smithc6's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
Your just out of luck

I dont know but when was the last time a player been grossly underrated where people thought he should have been a 90 but was rated somewhere in the 70's. And i'm talking about preseason not after the season started and he's actually playing great. I know there may be some instances could someone point them out.
Well Sammie Stroughter isnt even in this years game. A 3rd team AA from 2006 then got injured last year, and isnt even in the game...theres an even better one. Not a 70 who deserves a 90. A 90+ for 2 years running and hes not even in the game...
Old 06-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #75
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffhead
There is no such thing as "correct" in terms of ratings. It's not, nor will it ever be an exact science. Sure, there's probably some glaring stuff that could be changed, but overall its fine the way it is.

Who's to say what is correct anyway? Not a single person knows about all 8000 of these players. Well maybe Mel Kiper. Granted the community could come together and pool resources in team knowledge, but I guarantee you that there will be tons of fluff because almost every fan of team thinks a lot of their players are underated. Even after that you get into arguments over even how to rate what you think is right compare to another fan.

I have had plenty of gripes with the game in the past, but this is never one of them. As the EA guy said, why is everybody so worked up about something they can change anyway? And if you're playing online, tough crap, pick a new team if you're not happy. The game can still be fun if OL #72 strength is too low or FS #10 isn't fast enough.
sure it's subjective, but it is just nice to at least have all of the starters in real life rated higher than the backups, ya know.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »