Home

Formation Subs: Yay or Nay?

This is a discussion on Formation Subs: Yay or Nay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Formation Subs: Yay or Nay?

I'm cool with a ratings hit as long as it affects the appropriate skill set. I don't want any of my physical attributes touched, instead EA may want to "hit" the awareness rating and things like that. Like say I move a 6'6 220 lb receiver to TE. Either to make my team faster or replace an iinjured player, it really doesn't matter which. Under no circumstance should he be slower, weaker , have less acceleration, etc. due to the positoin change. Instead EA should hit his awareness rating, his route running rating, or any other rating that is position specific.
And on the opposite side of the ball, if i convert a Coverage LB to safety his main hits should be to play recognition ( b/c he has to read different keys), and also zone/man coverage (b/c the zones/ matchups are much different)
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #18
Rookie

Dig Montana's Arena

OVR: 1
Hello,

I would like to mention the Wild Hog formation is in the Arkansas' playbook under the name Wildcat....Arkansas didnt decide to call this formation the Wild Hog until the 08 season....it was previously known as the Wildcat....the formation provides an opportunity for Mcfadden to line up at the quarterback position and provides the option to run or pass. Check it out.....NCAA Football 08.....Wildcat formation.....Arkansas playbook.....in the shotgun play section.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
Rookie

Dig Montana's Arena

OVR: 1
Also if you are interested in having your receiver in the backfield you can use Florida's playbook and run the gator heavy formation and use the x button to sub in the receiver.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #20
Rookie

mcarta's Arena

OVR: 2
I miss formations subs b/c it gave an oppurtunity for the young guys on your team that have already redshirted like mlbs, olbs, and safties to get some playing time on STs. And of course putting my speed rec that is not ready to start but ,I need to get on the field b/c of his speed. That is real life football. My starting 5th year corner does NOT need to be covering kicks when I have 4 other dbs doing nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »