Home

DL Rushing technique

This is a discussion on DL Rushing technique within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
DL Rushing technique

I've been playing 2008 to get ready for my league, and I'm trying a few new techniques to improve my online play.

First things first, I'll openly admit I'm terrible in the secondary. I've never gotten used to playing in reverse on defense and I'm just terrible at judging where I need to be vs a pass. Scratch that position group off the list.

I'm alright as a LB, but I get lost a bit in zones, and I'm not particularly good in space on sweeps. I normally play as a LB because I'm fairly good against the run (outside of a quick toss sweep, where I'm easily beat with manual jukes) and I'm good on the blitz.

My new strategy has been trying to play on the DL. What hurts me the most as an offensive player is when somebody can play DT and get penetration and hit my running plays for a 1 yard loss. The pass rush without blitzing limits me as well, especially since its hard to scramble with the pocket breaking in the middle,

I've had very mixed results. I've been playing as Florida, who doesn't have the greatest DT (low 80s). I've tried using Harvey on the outside, but haven't done a ton.

I normally accelerate and hit either rb or lb (depending on who I'm using and which rating their better in), but is there something else I need to do? Does it matter how I hit the joystick? Should I not "sprint" first? Should I hit the buttons more then once?

The other issue is how slow the animation is. I like to go 3-3-5 and use the NT, and I can shed the center but it takes so long to get through the animation that I can't get any pressure? Is that a ratings thing, or just the way the animation goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »