Home

Top Five NCAA Football Games of All Time

This is a discussion on Top Five NCAA Football Games of All Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #49
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Top Five NCAA Football Games of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
NCAA 2004 was better than NFL 2k5!
NCAA 2004 was the best college football game ever. It was almost perfect; it had a wonderful college atmosphere, it had team specific traditions (like the canon for Texas A&M), great presentation, and it had fun gameplay.

That being said, I think it wasn't as good a game overall as NFL 2K5 or even NFL 2K4. If those games had been college games, they would be sitting at the #1 and #2 positions on this list.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #50
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Here's some reasoning:

5. NCAA 06 - One word: Girlfriends

4. NCAA 08 - Next gen at 60 fps, video highlights, and really deep recruiting.

3. NCAA 03 - First time playing NCAA when I started working at Tiburon. The recuriting and playing as UCF in the Citrus Bowl...er... UCF Stadium instantly converted me from Madden. Also loved mascot mode (sorry guys).

2. NCAA 04 - Everything just came together on this one. Sports Illustrated covers were a really cool feature as well. Only negative was the new memory card manager was full of crashes and standard violations that had to be fixed, taking away dev time from the stuff that makes a game great.

1. NCAA 09 - Just as good as 2004, but next gen/hi def makes it the new #1.
I understand you have to promote your new product, but do you really believe what you wrote about the # 1 position?

From the videos I've seen of the 09 game, including the demo, there's no way will it take the #1 spot from NCAA 04. The presentation and college atmosphere aren't nearly as good, it doesn't have as many features (ie: create a school, classic teams in classic uniforms), and if the gameplay is anything like the other next gen NCAA college games, it won't be nearly as fun as NCAA 04.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #51
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
These are some good lists and fun to hear everyone's memories with these games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #52
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I would amass 60-70 INTs a year,
wow, i was lucky(if you want to call it that) to get 20 INTS a year after the patch in '08. the most was 24, least was 11.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #53
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
wow, i was lucky(if you want to call it that) to get 20 INTS a year after the patch in '08. the most was 24, least was 11.
The problem with the patches is that they are released so late into the season and so long after the game is released that people have given up on the game. Last year, I gave up on NCAA and Madden (because of the turnovers) long before the patches were released.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I never got the patch. I can't use the internet on my 360, and even if I could, I don't want a patch in January for a game I bought in July. I don't think I played the game after September.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #55
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I never got the patch. I can't use the internet on my 360, and even if I could, I don't want a patch in January for a game I bought in July. I don't think I played the game after September.
I agree with you completely. Late-released patches are useless for many people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #56
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
For Me its:

1.) NCAA 04 simply the GOAT.
2.) NCAA 2000 PSX. I still play it to this day. This game had everything i wanted including Division 1-AA dynasty, the ability to have neutral site games in dynasty and post season all-star games. I played 20 seasons with Princeton and Florida A&M. Right now I am doing a dynasty with Prairie View.
3.) NCAA 07 (XBOX) Campus Legend was a nice touch ( I loved taking Chemistry tests), discipline was toned down in dynasty and impact players were toned down as well.
4.) NCAA 09 XBOX 360
5.) Bill Walsh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »