Home

After playing the demo...Which System?

This is a discussion on After playing the demo...Which System? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #25
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: After playing the demo...Which System?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Well i'll be getting the X360 version without doubt.

1. The Dynasty i'll be playing in is on it - Gotta Love Dynasty!
2. I have way more friends on Xbox Live than I do PSN - I have more friends on my friends list on Live but I'm closer to the limited amount of friends I have on PSN
3. I'm already used to the controls with the X360 controller - DEFINITELY!
4. Like ODogg said, X360 seems the core console of development for EA Sport's multiplatform games such as this so that bodes well for minimal risk of bugs/glitches and smoother gameplay - I can understand that and have noticed it playing both demos
5. I admit it, Achievements are a major reason why I rarely ever chose a PS3 version of a multiplatform game. PSN trophies are too little, too late. - I'm big into achievements too!!!
All very great points!
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Well i'll be getting the X360 version without doubt.

1. The Dynasty i'll be playing in is on it
2. I have way more friends on Xbox Live than I do PSN
3. I'm already used to the controls with the X360 controller
4. Like ODogg said, X360 seems the core console of development for EA Sport's multiplatform games such as this so that bodes well for minimal risk of bugs/glitches and smoother gameplay
5. I admit it, Achievements are a major reason why I rarely ever chose a PS3 version of a multiplatform game. PSN trophies are too little, too late.
I don't know about the PSN trophies being "too little, too late" considering the game isn't out yet. It's not like you are gaining achievements right this minute on 360.

As far as the game play is concerned, I returned an 80 yard punt for a touchdown on the 360, while doing nothing but hitting the spin button. No one could tackle my guy on Ohio State (and I was surrounded by the entire team at one point). I know that it was a glitch that probably wont happen often, but the thing that got to me was the fact that after I scored, the touchdown wasn't counted.

I only buy NCAA and Madden for my systems, so I'll probably own the game on both systems. Every other game I rent and beat it in a week.

On a side note, if anyone wants to do a league, send me a request.

Live- MSU ILLEST
PSN- MSU_ILLEST
Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

To me, the 360 version seemed a bit smoother and I much prefer the 360 controller vs. the PS3. However, I pre-ordered the PS3 version because I then won't have to deal with an RROD in the near future killing the one summer game I look forward to.

Fortunately for me, the 360's achievement scores mean very little and I only play solo, because the few times I played online were a joyless bunch of garbage due to cheesing.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #28
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Dirty Disk Error- I don't get them alot or even often but they sure tick me off whenever i do. I tend to lump freezes in that too but they are different things. now and then i get a freeze on the 360.
All you need to do is Pot tweak your 360 if u are getting a disc error read.....My 360 couldn't read any burned games so after pot tweaking it...it normally has no problem but make sure it's no more than 3.0 reading ohm !!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
All you need to do is Pot tweak your 360 if u are getting a disc error read.....My 360 couldn't read any burned games so after pot tweaking it...it normally has no problem but make sure it's no more than 3.0 reading ohm !!!!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #30
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I played both, they are almost EXACTLY the same. I don't see how anyone can say either one is better. Especially from a demo. But these console debates always wind up getting ugly, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the debate.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #31
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

They are practically identical when it comes to gameplay...it all boils down to which system you prefer or which system most of your friends have....can't go wrong either way !!!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 9

PS3 version has more graphical hiccups than the 360 version in the demos I have played...I have seen the odd little QB line-up glitch on the PS3 but I was not paying attention to see if it was also a tip-off to the type of play being called (ie. does the QB ONLY slide when it is a run play versus a pass play, or only when it is a specific play?)...I am relatively sure that was NOT a problem in the Community Day builds of NCAA on the PS3 that I saw and played.

Aside from the relatively minor graphics errors, I really don't think the PS3 offers anything compelling enough to make dual system owners CHOOSE that version...If you only own one of the systems, then it does not matter because the game is not good enough to suggest to ANYONE that they NEED to run out and switch systems to play the best version this year...last year's PS3 offerings were nearly bad enough to suggest just that to people and this year's versions have significantly closed the gap - enough to make it nearly a push.

The 360 still has the0 ultimate ace-up-the-sleeve for me with the ease of use and functionality of LIVE and friend's lists that are not a torture test to use in-game...PSN is still VERY lacking in those areas, although for the cheapskates who do not believe in paying for a superior service it IS free...

As for the controller issue, I agree that the 360 controller is the best fit, but the Dual Shock 3 is MUCH better than the 6-Axis IMO...I prefer the 360 controller personally, but I can say that using my DS3 controller is a lot less painful than trying to use the 6-Axis...

Overall, I have friends on both systems and while I will purchase and keep the 360 version, I will probably rent the PS3 version (and do the exact opposite for Madden!)....

Last edited by Moostache; 06-23-2008 at 05:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »