Home

NCAA DEMO GLITCH, ADAM PLEASE READ - SERIOUSLY

This is a discussion on NCAA DEMO GLITCH, ADAM PLEASE READ - SERIOUSLY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA DEMO GLITCH, ADAM PLEASE READ - SERIOUSLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Made this point last year, too. They just waste time, imo. I mean, yeah, they're a real-life part of the game, but they're just something that don't translate at all to the video game side of things. Ditch 'em all together if you ask me.
Well if they just made it so sometimes the cpu was wrong it would be ok IMO. Then you'd not know for sure if the challenge was going to go against you or for you, just like real life.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #34
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well if they just made it so sometimes the cpu was wrong it would be ok IMO. Then you'd not know for sure if the challenge was going to go against you or for you, just like real life.
Still, I don't know. Bad calls going against you blows for obvious reasons, and bad calls in your favor are cheap. I mean I get what you're saying, if it was implemented properly it could be okay. I just still think in general I'd rather the computer make the correct calls and be done with it. Hell, 95% of the time I know what the call is going to be anyway - don't you? To wait around for the 20-30 seconds to hear it is just as bad as when they take 5 minutes deciding a call on TV when the third angle they showed (like 4 minutes ago) gave a clear picture. And I certainly don't want the computer getting the call wrong just for suspense purposes.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
They shouldn't even need to replay a fumble that you recovered....the AI should be smart enuff to set it to where it was recovered !!!!!
It depends. It could change the spot of the ball if the guy was down before the fumble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #36
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
funny thing was I wasn't even trying to run up the score, just work on the running game as I've struggled running the ball. I figured why waste a play to knee the ball in a demo.

I can't believe I've gotten mildly flamed (I don't mean you dookie) for not kneeing the ball in a demo.
Its the demo, it doesnt matter. I've been doing it and calling TO's so I can get in as many plays as I can. If you want to get used to the game before it comes out, you have to get a lot of plays in. Plus its hard to run so I can agree.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Still, I don't know. Bad calls going against you blows for obvious reasons, and bad calls in your favor are cheap. I mean I get what you're saying, if it was implemented properly it could be okay. I just still think in general I'd rather the computer make the correct calls and be done with it. Hell, 95% of the time I know what the call is going to be anyway - don't you? To wait around for the 20-30 seconds to hear it is just as bad as when they take 5 minutes deciding a call on TV when the third angle they showed (like 4 minutes ago) gave a clear picture. And I certainly don't want the computer getting the call wrong just for suspense purposes.
I see your point but the way I see it is that if it's in the real game then it should be modeled in some fashion in the videogame, just hopefully better than it is done now. I don't really agree with your argument about waiting around for the call and saving time and whatnot...one could also make that arguement in regards to other facets of the game, such as just assessing penalties automatically instead of having a ref walk out and call them but that is simply not realistic nor desirable.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

A glitch in the demo just happened to me... there was 7 seconds left and I'm up by 3. so the CPU is about to kick a game tieing FG and i call time out to ice the kicker.. they kick the FG and hit the cross bar and miss... then it gives the CPU the ball AGAIN immedietly after at like their 40 yard line when I was supposed to get the ball. hopefully this is not in the final build.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »