Home

Dynasty guys: Underdog or Powerhouse

This is a discussion on Dynasty guys: Underdog or Powerhouse within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Dynasty guys: Underdog or Powerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFootballFreak
Call me odd, but here's what I do to make it a little more interesting and add a bit of my own story-line: (all on PS2 because I'm cheap)

I will start out with a small school/imported FCS team and try to take them all the way to the top. Meanwhile, I take a mid-rung school that I like and kind of "cheat" and help them tank (keep in mind it's always a school that is in a different geographic location to my current school, and a school I don't play during the regular season). I then leave my former-underdog school for the mid-major and try to take them up to elite status. I then pick a big prestige school and begin "tanking" during this time so that I can take over them later as well.

Right now I have a dynasty that started with Stephen F. Austin, who I played with as an Independant. I worked them into the C-USA conference, won two C-USA titles, then joined the Big XII and won three Big-XII titles. The only problem was, my coach was winless in five bowl games over that span, including a loss in the NC game in year 7. In about year three of this (pretty much out of boredom and being tired of a 15,000 capacity stadium -- if you want to call it that), I started making Cincinnati (their unis are cool) tank, which included a 56-game losing streak. After my seventh season at SFA, I then pretended that SFA no longer wanted me around because of my failure in bowl games. So, I left and took over the struggling Cincy franchise. And this part I did not have any part in forcing, but SFA won the National Title that very next season, and I lost yet another bowl game. But I did take the previously 0-56 Bearcats to a 7-5 record.

During this time, I have created a fake coach to take over my favorite school (The University of Texas) and have made it even more interesting. I have given them no points for discipline and am trying to recruit only average or poor discipline players to get as many sanctions as possible against UT. I will then come in later and resurrect Texas from the gutter.

I know that's a lot, but I'm having fun messing around with this.
Sounds like a "Death Penalty" dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #66
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CcAaRrSsOoNn3
If I am an a equal league then I tend to run with an average squad ala Notre Dame
bahahahahahaha, I have waited my whole life for this. A Notre Dame fan to admit that his team is just average.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFootballFreak
Call me odd, but here's what I do to make it a little more interesting and add a bit of my own story-line: (all on PS2 because I'm cheap)

I will start out with a small school/imported FCS team and try to take them all the way to the top. Meanwhile, I take a mid-rung school that I like and kind of "cheat" and help them tank (keep in mind it's always a school that is in a different geographic location to my current school, and a school I don't play during the regular season). I then leave my former-underdog school for the mid-major and try to take them up to elite status. I then pick a big prestige school and begin "tanking" during this time so that I can take over them later as well.

Right now I have a dynasty that started with Stephen F. Austin, who I played with as an Independant. I worked them into the C-USA conference, won two C-USA titles, then joined the Big XII and won three Big-XII titles. The only problem was, my coach was winless in five bowl games over that span, including a loss in the NC game in year 7. In about year three of this (pretty much out of boredom and being tired of a 15,000 capacity stadium -- if you want to call it that), I started making Cincinnati (their unis are cool) tank, which included a 56-game losing streak. After my seventh season at SFA, I then pretended that SFA no longer wanted me around because of my failure in bowl games. So, I left and took over the struggling Cincy franchise. And this part I did not have any part in forcing, but SFA won the National Title that very next season, and I lost yet another bowl game. But I did take the previously 0-56 Bearcats to a 7-5 record.

During this time, I have created a fake coach to take over my favorite school (The University of Texas) and have made it even more interesting. I have given them no points for discipline and am trying to recruit only average or poor discipline players to get as many sanctions as possible against UT. I will then come in later and resurrect Texas from the gutter.

I know that's a lot, but I'm having fun messing around with this.
I salute you sir.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #68
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Florida Gators. My favorite team always get the first run. And it's usually a really long run.

Sometimes, I will mix in another dynasty. One year it was Oregon. Another year, it was Hawaii. I think this year, I may try to do something with Clemson. I always use a team that operates mostly out of the shotgun.

Years ago, I used to create a school of former teammates, friends and family members and use the name of my high school. I would call the stadium, "The Rock" and blow threw a number of seasons. That used to be a blast for a change of pace because I made it so none of us we really that talented to start off. I think the last time I did that was '04 or '05.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-25-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #69
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

last year i only played with miami
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »